HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Roots (Open/Mod/Whatever)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Ultarr
Ultarr

New Roots (Open/Mod/Whatever) Empty
PostSubject: New Roots (Open/Mod/Whatever)   New Roots (Open/Mod/Whatever) H6Q0F8zWed Nov 12, 2014 6:21 am

It was finally time. It had taken a little over two days to Littleroot Town, given the duo was coming from the other corner of the region. Taking a quick glance around at the buildings, it was easy to deduce that the largest one, farthest away from the entrance to Route 101, was the best guess at Professor Birch's laboratory. There likely wasn't much more to the small town other than the Hoenn region's most prominent Pokemon Professor, and his lab was the cliche starting point for the Hoenn's newest trainers; it was probably going to be a rather quick visit, and then the true adventure would begin.

"Hey Psy, we're almost there," a rather short, silver-haired boy said while releasing an even shorter Psychic-type Pokemon from a Pokeball. "Let's go meet Professor Birch, and start getting ready for Gym Battles," expecting an equally responsive reply from the short, green-top Pokemon.

"Ralts ralts...," was all he had to say, making sure to stay attached to the young boy's left foot as they made their way down the center of the town.

The kid had been expecting as much, and would be sure to work on Psy's confidence once they began training. After all, it was Tai's first day as an official Pokemon trainer, and he would be sure to start things off right. Up until now he let Psy grow and mature naturally, but Pokemon battles were serious and so would their training. Oh well, that's not something to worry about for now.

The duo make their way to the front of the lab, and barring no interruption T.K. knocks at the door, saying, "Professor Birch, it's me, the new trainer. Tai Kairin." Hopefully this would not draw attention. After all, the boy hated crowds and extra noise.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: New Roots (Open/Mod/Whatever)   New Roots (Open/Mod/Whatever) H6Q0F8zThu Nov 13, 2014 2:37 am

Not a moment after Tai knocked, a rather strained looking Professor Birch opened the door wide, his breath was heavy and there were signs of building shadows beneath his eyes. "Oh, yes, Tai," the Professor said, chuckling nervously, "pardon my rudeness, I'm a bit... unready for visitors. A couple Pokemon have decided to, well, disappear. All of my technicians are searching the lab and its grounds, and I've been running all over, it's been quite an unruly day! But enough about me," he smiled, wiping condensation from his brow and leaning against the door frame while he caught his breath. He seemed to mumble something about not being as young as he used to be, but it was too quiet to hear what it was completely.

"So, what can I help you with? It's always an exciting day when I get to send off trainers on a new adventure! I'll always be here cheering on trainers I meet personally. I know you're going to be an awesome trainer someday, you are from the best region, after all!"
Ultarr
Ultarr

PostSubject: Re: New Roots (Open/Mod/Whatever)   New Roots (Open/Mod/Whatever) H6Q0F8zThu Nov 13, 2014 2:58 am

"Yes, yes..." the boy said in reply, his eyes getting slightly wider after hearing about the run-away Pokemon. While normally rather calm, the thought of getting to experience a bit of what it means to be trainer before the end of his first day got Tai's mind racing. First of all, this could easily be a test to see if he was worthy of beginning his adventure. Second, he assumed Treecko would be a part of the run-away group, given how they were among the starter Pokemon Professor Birch gave out. If this was just a chance to see the green gecko Pokemon in action, it would be more than worth any trouble. Above everything else, however, Tai knew that Psy needed to get some real experience out in the real world, and this would be the perfect chance for that to happen.

"Professor, I know I'm just starting out on my adventure, but if you need any assistance I would be more than willing to lend a hand. I know what Mudkip, Treecko, and Torchic look like, and Psy here could use the experience." Looking down at Ralts, he was hoping for an affirmative response, but knew that Psy would probably be against the whole thing. At best, he would be indifferent.

"Ralts ralts ralts..." the small Pokemon said, sounding rather against the idea. He then proceeded to grab T.K.'s ankle even harder, and shake his head in response.

"Well, that's not up to you, now is it? It's up to the Professor here." With that, it was up to Professor Birch to give the A-okay, but chances are he wouldn't have even brought up the matter if he wasn't at least hopeful of some assistance. At least, that was what Tai thought.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: New Roots (Open/Mod/Whatever)   New Roots (Open/Mod/Whatever) H6Q0F8zFri Nov 14, 2014 8:58 pm

"R-Really?" Birch replied, a clear set relief appeared on his face and he wiped at the condensation on his forehead one more time. Glancing back at the lab, he took a moment of thought before giving a full reply to the eager, young trainer in front of him. "Well, the assistants have swept most of the lab and grounds by now, and there's no sign of the runaways. I'm afraid they must have gone off into the outskirts of town, but they couldn't have gotten far! If you'll excuse me for one moment," without waiting for a reply, he held his hand out in a motion that meant something around wait here, and turned, disappearing into the lab.

After a minute, in which several loud clanking sounds and muffled voices could be heard, the Professor re-appeared, gripping three condensed Pokeballs in his hands. "These," he said, "are the Pokeballs belonging to each of the Pokemon. The emblem on them," he nodded toward a small symbol on the top of each of the Pokeballs, a flame, leaf, and water droplet respectfully, will tell you which ball belongs to each Pokemon. Torchic is the fire type, Treecko is the grass type, and Mudkip is the water type, though you probably already knew that," the Professor chuckled. "They have to be around here somewhere, and just give us a holler if you need anything, good luck!" It would be a big task for the starting trainer, but Birch was the type to put his faith in most any trainer. Besides, he couldn't resist the look of excitement that crossed both Tai and his Ralts's face. I know he has potential. He can do this!
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Roots (Open/Mod/Whatever)   New Roots (Open/Mod/Whatever) H6Q0F8z

New Roots (Open/Mod/Whatever)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1