HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A taste of the new life. [~Closed~]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Mord-Sith
Mord-Sith

A taste of the new life. [~Closed~] Empty
PostSubject: A taste of the new life. [~Closed~]   A taste of the new life. [~Closed~] H6Q0F8zWed Apr 30, 2014 9:55 am

Marshie looked around, taking in all the familiar characteristics of Rustboro. The old, incredibly huge buildings, surrounded by the grey, lightly cracked floor. The common smell of bricks, fresh grass from the route before the town entrance and dust from previous pokémon battles, that were taken outside for public show.
She wore her coral pink colored hair in a messy, high-placed ponytail, that just let the bangs cover the outline of the cheeks and in a fine line just above her big, almond-shaped eyes.

Marshie was standing on her thin knees, with a small, yet professional-looking metallic-shaded camera in front of her face, snapping pictures with flash turned off, as the sun was high on the sky and not even a bit covered by skies. It was a clear, warm day out in the open where she was.
Not far from Marshie herself were a battle going on. Two trainers kept ordering their pokémon around, doing damage to each others pet, whilst she just took it as the perfect opportunity to catch the adorable violence a Pignite and Primeape could manifest into the scenario.

There really were nothing better than the elegance of pokémon showing off every skill they knew. And trying to improve those they just learned about.
It was perfect. Or so Marshie thought, while she kept taking lots of fast-movement pictures with a lot of silent concentration.

Last edited by Mord-Sith on Sat May 10, 2014 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: A taste of the new life. [~Closed~]   A taste of the new life. [~Closed~] H6Q0F8zWed Apr 30, 2014 11:30 am

When Bruce defeated the Rustboro Leader Roxanne and received his first badge, the Trainer thought to stay here at the city. While he has visited this city many times before, old places just seem new to him now that he is a Trainer. Like a tourist, he has to know the locals, learn about the city's past and whatnot. Bruce is not really one to do those kind of friendly, social things, but then again he is known for having his "own world", and can usually be a mess of contradictions and just complete randomness and confusion when it comes to what kind of person he actually is.

He walks while his head watch the two Trainers battling and he heavily admired the Pignite. Not noticing the girl who was taking pictures, he accidentally walked right in front of her camera shot. "Ah- Oh, sorry there," he said, as he looked at the girl from down her shoes, and up to her head.
Mord-Sith
Mord-Sith

PostSubject: Re: A taste of the new life. [~Closed~]   A taste of the new life. [~Closed~] H6Q0F8zWed Apr 30, 2014 11:49 am

"What the-"

Instead of a picture of Pignite swinging in the air, with small particles of fire around it like perfect sparkly cirkles, she got a dark, unfocused photograph of a.. Leg?
A distracted young guy had stepped in front of the camera, to ruin the best moment, and he just apologized for it without even a light expression of sadness. And it pissed Marshie off to the tip of her fingers.
She got up from the dirt, and with an angry frown on her forehead, she pointed sharply at the guy with no sense of respect or mildness. She had swung the camera-string around her neck, so it just tilted lightly to the right.

"Oh don't worry.. You just ruined the perfect shot, from the best angle possible, that should have been the cover for the popular pokémon battle magazine.."

She said it with a sharp, almost ominous voice, not hiding her true feeling of anger at all, even if she looked and acted sympathetic.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: A taste of the new life. [~Closed~]   A taste of the new life. [~Closed~] H6Q0F8zWed Apr 30, 2014 7:49 pm

Bruce, with a straight face, listened to the girl whine about that simple accident. After he has absorbed what the girl had said, Bryan smiled. There was something with the way he smiled. It transformed him from someone menacing to someone you wished you knew. Usually Bryan would respond to this sort of thing with a snide remark or act complete jerk but he has a soft spot for girls. Not that he is a pervert or anything, but he is just not one to get in a fight with girls. Bruce did not see this reaction coming.

The blonde haired teenager held his arms up and in an apologetic tone he said, "Okay, I get that. I am really sorry, alright? I have a lot of Pokémon with me capable of doing wondrous tricks; maybe they can make up for this?"
Mord-Sith
Mord-Sith

PostSubject: Re: A taste of the new life. [~Closed~]   A taste of the new life. [~Closed~] H6Q0F8zWed Apr 30, 2014 8:04 pm

If not for that almost charming smile, it was his offer that made the glass of rage tip for Marshie. She almost lost her noble grace, but got it together and kept acting like everything was fine. Only her voice and light brimming eyes told that it was a whole other story. She was plain mad.
Again she pointed at him, this time where just the nail lightly pressed against the guys black jacket.

"So you really think your pokémon are beautiful enough to get on the cover of a popular magazine, as the head stars? Ha! No. It has to be natural, and not staged. And if you couldn't even figure THAT out, I have no interest in you nor your pokémon!"

The battle that she had photographed for about 7 minutes, before the guy stepped in and ruined the photoshoot, had finally ended with Primeape being the winner - to everyones surprise, as most of the bystanders had bet that Pignite would have triumphed.

"Oh great! Now the chance of getting another perfect shot is gone.. I really hope for you that I find another inspiration before tonight, or I'm gonna kill you!.. Maybe even literally."

Marshie shook her head in disbelief. Not able to understand why she had to suffer like this, she turned to the left and began walking, searching for new pictures to capture and publish. But she still couldn't let go of the young man, who had interrupted. How cruel commoners could be sometimes, she thought and sighed deeply.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: A taste of the new life. [~Closed~]   A taste of the new life. [~Closed~] H6Q0F8zThu May 01, 2014 7:31 am

Bruce looked down at the girl's nail that is softly pressing against his jacket. He already apologized and clearly, the very simple accident was exactly what it is: an accident. The girl cannot even get over that thing. Bruce is not at all intimidated or scared by the girl's attitude; he feels more like apologetic or stereotyping. His smile remained as he kept listening to the girl whine again.

Was that photo shoot important? When the girl walked away, Bruce casually followed and walked beside her with his hands tucked inside the pockets of his pants and calmly said, "I'm a Pokémon Trainer. There is a grassy area not far from here where wild Pokémon live. There are also Trainers around here, I do not care how strong they are, and my team can crush them. What I am saying is, right now, I can just shout right here and issue an open challenge to anyone around here and you can keep taking shots of how fabulous my team can be in combat. That way, it wouldn't be so staged."

“You don’t have to give me credit either. I know you said you do not care about my Pokémon, or me but I take it you are a photographer and you are not being so professional right now, just saying. The name’s Bruce, you are?” Introducing himself and trying to get this girl’s name may just make things even more chaotic.
Mord-Sith
Mord-Sith

PostSubject: Re: A taste of the new life. [~Closed~]   A taste of the new life. [~Closed~] H6Q0F8zThu May 01, 2014 2:06 pm

Marshie took a deep breath, listening to what the guy had to say, which helped her inner self calm down enough to be a little more reasonable. She almost felt sorry about her last words, or that was until he questioned her professionalism. But she didn't want to make the situation worse, just because of her own pride as a photographer. So she just stopped, looked him straight in the eyes with a gentle coldness, and sighed once again but lighter than before.

"If you really believe that much in your pokémon and their natural beauty, I'll take you up on the offer. But I insist that it is a wild pokémon yours go against. It'll make the momentum that much more intense."

She then began to look around, as if hoping a wild one would just jump out in front of them, even though they were still inside the territory of the town. She didn't even look at him, when nodding at the mentioning of his name, until her own came out in the open with an almost carefree tone in the feminine voice.

"Marshie Hyerofix. Nice to meet you, Bruce the commoner."
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: A taste of the new life. [~Closed~]   A taste of the new life. [~Closed~] H6Q0F8zThu May 01, 2014 10:22 pm

As if right on cue, a level twenty-three, female Jigglypuff went walking by. It was a pretty strong Pokemon considering the area, and must have come wandering into the city from one of the nearby routes. Her pawpads were extremely dusty, but she seemed otherwise healthy, if not a bit moody. Paying the humans no mind, the creature squeaked with every step, minding her own business. However, something about this Pokemon suggested she was battle ready, even if she wasn't going out of her way to cause one...
Pooch
Pooch

PostSubject: Re: A taste of the new life. [~Closed~]   A taste of the new life. [~Closed~] H6Q0F8zFri May 02, 2014 1:32 am

Nettogrof smiles as he walks around in the open, his small Cubone at his side and his mask tucked underneith his top hat. "Heh, its a nice day for a plain old walk" he say to the pokemon "and the adventure is only beginning" he continues "we'll become a strong team together! You and I and maybe a few other pokemons" "Cubone bone Cubone!" Speaks Netto's trusty partner. Netto and Cubone continue walking, until he sees a city and many other people walking around. "Um... uh..." he places his mask to his face as he walks by everyone, cubone following his steps in lowering the mask, this was to make him feel invisible to everyone, but also be aware of his presence. He walked by the two people at a much faster, he easily stuck out wearing a top hat and a jesters mask upon his head.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: A taste of the new life. [~Closed~]   A taste of the new life. [~Closed~] H6Q0F8zFri May 02, 2014 7:33 am

((Uh, posting order, anyone? Or maybe not?))
Mord-Sith
Mord-Sith

PostSubject: Re: A taste of the new life. [~Closed~]   A taste of the new life. [~Closed~] H6Q0F8zFri May 02, 2014 8:36 am

OOC: You, me, Nishie (as long as mod is needed :3), netto, you and so on~
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: A taste of the new life. [~Closed~]   A taste of the new life. [~Closed~] H6Q0F8zFri May 02, 2014 9:19 am

((Eh, yeah.))

Bruce spotted the pink Pokémon who seemingly appeared in sync to the people wanting a wild Pokémon. Of all wild Pokémon the group could have possibly encountered, why this annoying, round plushy Pokémon? Bruce could feel this feeling of annoyance originating from the deepest of his inner self and surging up to his vocal chords, "Why a fucking Jigglypuff? Seriously, Arceus? Come on, man."

Then, a weird man wearing a mask and a fedora passes by. Bruce spotted the man and observed his appearance for a few seconds before turning his attention back to the Jigglypuff, ignoring the man. "Why dress like that? Costume party, maybe? Eh, I have a wimp to kill and a girl to impress," Bruce thought as he tapped one of the spherical devices attached to his belt and from it came out a Wartortle.

The cocky Wartortle stood in front of the Jigglypuff, staring down the enemy's big round eyes. "Yo, Tail Whip." Wartortle immediately carried the command and wagged his tail cutely. "Ice Punch," Bruce followed up. Wartortle would bring his rear leg forward to feign a kick, and then snap the leg back while throwing a cross with this glowing hand. While it is normally a technique used for a puncher to increase the power of a punch, such a technique does not apply to Pokémon. Perhaps Wartortle did it for the sake of being cocky and theatrical.
Mord-Sith
Mord-Sith

PostSubject: Re: A taste of the new life. [~Closed~]   A taste of the new life. [~Closed~] H6Q0F8zFri May 02, 2014 2:03 pm

As soon as Marshie saw the Jigglypuf, that acted a little too confident for a pokémon as 'fluffy'-looking as itself, she found the best spot to sit and in a splitsecond her metallic camera were in front of her eyes. Ready to take lots of pictures, fast and unshaken, so it could please its master.
But before the battle even began, she took a shot of a random passerby, with an unique look, as her eye of beauty caught his, what she saw as, eleganza.

Marvelous!

She yelled with an incredible enthusiasme that was undeniable. Her thin fingers still held the camera, ready as the battle could begin any minute, and she didn't want to miss a single opportunity of the glamour this fight would produce.

The pillar of light that revealed the battle-ready Wartortle had just gotten over forty-three pictures of it. Which was confirmed by the incredibly fast clicking noises, the camera made while shooting and remembering each one of them.

Then the fight began, with Bruce's pokémon starting off, and never would anyone see Marshie more concetrated about something, than when she took on her professional coat of expercise, to make sure the pictures were nothing less than perfect.
Even an explosion couldn't rip her away from her position, when she were like that. Figuratively speaking that is.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: A taste of the new life. [~Closed~]   A taste of the new life. [~Closed~] H6Q0F8zSat May 03, 2014 10:10 pm

The Jigglypuff peered up at Wartortle, blinking in surprise as her walk had been blocked off. She 'played nice' as it whipped its tail, lowering Wartortle's attack power by lulling it into a false sense of security, but then she just turned deadly. It seemed the supposedly cute and useless powder ball was more than it first appeared! She cut down the damage from ice punch by curling defensively, and then stopped the move from being used temporarily with disable!

Eyes cold and nasty, a vicious leer on the Jigglypuff's mouth, she went to strike Wartortle with an aggressive pound attack!
Pooch
Pooch

PostSubject: Re: A taste of the new life. [~Closed~]   A taste of the new life. [~Closed~] H6Q0F8zSun May 04, 2014 5:00 am

Nettogrof seen the the girl take a picture of him as he walked by, but what more caught his attention was the battle commenced. Both Netto and Cubone watched the battle with enthusiasm, they both even lifted their masks up to watch with a wider view. He focused towards his attention to Jigglypuff showing more strategy and has yet to attack "such great skill for a wild pokemon, this one has much skills we could learn from Cubone" the two sat down to watch the rest of the show to see how it will truly end up.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: A taste of the new life. [~Closed~]   A taste of the new life. [~Closed~] H6Q0F8zSun May 04, 2014 7:17 pm

Wartortle felt his physical strength get a bit weaker, he suddenly had a mental block on how to punch, and he felt his defensive muscles weaken. "Warfreak. You simply don't do that to Wartortle," Bruce commented. Despite all the moves hitting him, Wartortle gave the opponent a cocky grin. He actually looked more pumped and he is just out to kill some plushy bitch now.

"Tail Whip," Bruce ordered. Wartortle would wag his tail to revert the enemy's defense back to normal. "Tackle, grab, Bite, and then blast off with Water Gun." Wartortle took a few seconds to absorb the commands. He would dart forward to collide with the Jigglypuff, rush, and quickly grab hold before biting her fur off like cotton candy, and finally blasting her off with a Water Gun.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: A taste of the new life. [~Closed~]   A taste of the new life. [~Closed~] H6Q0F8zMon May 05, 2014 3:43 pm

Using her light body to jump and float backwards after hitting with pound, Jigglypuff ignored all further orders given by the opposing trainer. Before Wartortle had even begun whipping his tail, Jigglypuff began to use her signature and most deadly move: sing! She began to project a sweet and lovely lullaby, hoping to put the enemy to sleep before he had even tackled her, and if anyone else in the vicinity fell into the snare? That was fine with the wicked wild, too.
Pooch
Pooch

PostSubject: Re: A taste of the new life. [~Closed~]   A taste of the new life. [~Closed~] H6Q0F8zMon May 05, 2014 5:47 pm

Netto noticed that Jigglypuff was about to sing and quickly put his palms against his eyes, he continued to watch in amusement. Cubone wasn't so lucky, he heard the song and tried his hardest to stay awake, but the skull wearing pokemon fell to sleep. Netto looked around to make sure no one else fell asleep so he isn't the only one smart enough to close their ears.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: A taste of the new life. [~Closed~]   A taste of the new life. [~Closed~] H6Q0F8zTue May 06, 2014 6:35 am

((Why did Netto cover his eyes? Lol))

The dark lullaby lulled the water turtle to a deep slumber. Wartortle was whipping out attacks when he collapsed to the ground and immediately started snoring. Bruce felt very disappointed. "I was gonna go easy on you, but fuck it." The trainer withdrew his Wartortle and replaced him with Monferno. "Buddy, screw her with Mach Punch then go crazy with Fury Swipes."

Monferno's fist would glow light blue and he would dart forward at the Jigglypuff for a punch. Mach Punch is a priority move and that means that it should go first unless Jigglypuff uses a move that gets more priority. Monferno's fingers would glow white and form into claws. Then, Monferno would jump on the standing opponent and knock her over, which would result in Jigglypuff lying on her back with Monferno sitting on her body, and repeatedly slash while in the mounted position.

Meanwhile, Bruce darts a look at the photographer, trying to see if he is satisfying her enough.
Pooch
Pooch

PostSubject: Re: A taste of the new life. [~Closed~]   A taste of the new life. [~Closed~] H6Q0F8zTue May 06, 2014 11:39 am

(Ment ears, I do that all the time XD)
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: A taste of the new life. [~Closed~]   A taste of the new life. [~Closed~] H6Q0F8zTue May 06, 2014 2:45 pm

Curling defensively, the mach punch struck the light Pokemon up into the air, and she wailed unhappily at the hit. It was only partially effective, though. Normal-types may have been weak to fighting, but fairies weren't at all, and that revelation added some resistance for Jigglypuff. Floating downwards, she waited for Monferno to start swiping away before suddenly using disable, once again putting one of the trainer's Pokemon in a tough position. Suddenly, Jigglypuff started singing again while there was an opening, perhaps planning to take them all down the same way!
Pooch
Pooch

PostSubject: Re: A taste of the new life. [~Closed~]   A taste of the new life. [~Closed~] H6Q0F8zTue May 06, 2014 5:41 pm

Nettogrof forgot to covers his ears again. He continued to watch until he became drowsy. within seconds, his eyes shut and fell over, he fell asleep.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: A taste of the new life. [~Closed~]   A taste of the new life. [~Closed~] H6Q0F8zTue May 06, 2014 5:51 pm

Monferno felt the same way Wartortle did earlier, forgetting how to slash, but he still knows how to scratch. There is not even any difference there but it seems there are some logical things that only Pokémon themselves can understand. When Jigglypuff shaped her mouth in a form that is ready to sing, Monferno immediately thought about countless "nopes". He immediately shouted very loud to block out the sound. Then, he would unload two Mach Punches.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: A taste of the new life. [~Closed~]   A taste of the new life. [~Closed~] H6Q0F8zTue May 06, 2014 7:56 pm

The Jigglypuff wailed, taking yet more damage, beginning to pound Monferno over and over with her arms and legs. At the same time, she tried to use round instead of sing, hoping to catch the ape off guard that way. What a brute! This tough Jigglypuff wasn't standing for such monstrosities.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: A taste of the new life. [~Closed~]   A taste of the new life. [~Closed~] H6Q0F8zWed May 07, 2014 5:42 pm

The female Pokémon tried her best to squirm and get the monster off her. She opened her mouth and released a high-pitched note, which cause red circles to come out of her mouth. Monferno held his ears in pain. As the circles fly towards him, they grow bigger. Unfortunately, Normal-types were not so effective against Fighting-types but the base power and level advantage gave the move a little boost.

"It seems she hates a lot. Keep brutalizing your wife. I mean uh, your opponent," Bruce said. Monferno would use Leer then another Mach Punch.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A taste of the new life. [~Closed~]   A taste of the new life. [~Closed~] H6Q0F8z

A taste of the new life. [~Closed~]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1