HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 10, 2013 3:43 pm

"It's you," Evangeline said as Dark walked in. "How did you escape? Could you help me get this stupid chain out from around my neck?" She looked up at Dark with innocent eyes, unaware of what he was meant to do. Her wings shifted eagerly, ready to be able to move from the cold concrete wall.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 10, 2013 3:46 pm

Dark didn't reply to Evangeline with words. He bared his fangs snarking angrily at her. He stalked a bit closer as if animal, prepared to strike
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 10, 2013 3:55 pm

Evangeline's eyes grew wide as she saw Dark ready to strike. "I was right," she said with a hint of sadness in her voice, "Even people I can relate to never change. I shouldn't have expected anything better from you. You're just as bad as all those scientists out there, even worse because you're doing their dirty work for them. You called my wings beautiful once, it made me think that maybe you were different, but you weren't. I'm glad I didn't learn your name, we were never meant to be friends. You were probably working with them the entire time, I'm such an idiot!" She paused, frustration, hurt, and anger all clearly showed on her face all at once. She tugged desperately at the chain around her neck, but couldn't do anything to it. She began trying to reach her Pokemon power from the other night, but could only barely grasp it. Concentrating, she began trying to take a hold of it, but left Dark open to strike.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 10, 2013 3:58 pm

Dark stopped growling looking at Evangeline. 'They are,' he growled, grabbing his head and curling up tail between legs. 'Nonono,' he cried, talking to himsekf kindky then with anger. 'I can't hurt the only friend I have,' he cried, then with anger reached his paw out. 'Ill slaughter her,' he then growled before struggling to even make another move. It was clear his persknalities were conflicting.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 10, 2013 4:03 pm

The rapid change in personality confused Evangeline, but she had other problems in mind. Finally taking hold of the power inside her, she began carefully freezing the chain around her neck. When it was frozen enough to shatter, she did so, slamming it against the wall and being careful not to hit her head too hard.

Once her neck was free, she began frantically working at the chains around her legs. She hand enough room to fight back if need be, but couldn't escape while still chained.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 10, 2013 4:06 pm

Dark looked at Evangeline solemnly, being completely sincere. 'Escape,' he cried to her, shattering the rest of her chains with his aura. He saw the light then and he was temporarily blinded, screaming and holding his head before a scientist came in neutralizing him to sleep.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 10, 2013 4:12 pm

Evangeline took Dark's prompt, grabbing Nev's cage and booking it through the door, pushing any blocking scientists to the ground as she did so. As she ran, she opened the door to Nev's cage, And he jumped out and ran beside her, being a ton quicker and more agile. "Attack anyone who gets in our way, weather it be friend or foe." Nev nodded at the command, and the pair continued running.

The hallways and cooridors were like a maze, and they met several dead ends. It wasn't laid out like the lab they had known from their childhood, so they could only guess and hope to find the right passage out. Taking a rather large corridor, they continued to run without looking back.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 10, 2013 4:15 pm

Dark laid on the floor from being put into sleep, getting picked up by the scientist and walked to the director's room. 'Sir, we did some looking,' he told him, setting Dark down in the bed. 'This boy, he murdered his father. His mother exiled him and he has multiple personalities,' he told him before exllaining the plan was a failure. Dark woke up shortly after, noticing the director beside him and taking his hand. 'Make me strong,' he pleaded.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 10, 2013 4:19 pm

The Director's eyes were cold as he looked down at Dark. 'You're imperfect and we have all of the samples we need. There is no point in making an imperfect being more powerful when we can create the perfect superhumans to become strong. Terminate him.'

The scientists lunged at Dark, trying to pin him down so they could inject a poison that would kill him. The director turned and walked out of the room without a word.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 10, 2013 4:22 pm

Dark looked at the director shaking. 'Lier,' he screamed, breaking the scientists neck in sadness with his aura, slamming the doors shut with it before the director could leave. He stood up, howling as he changed form (insert description). 'How am I imperfect? Is this not what you wanted!
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 10, 2013 4:26 pm

'An imperfect being allows its prey to escape, and our scientists inform me that you did so. An imperfect being cannot have a hold on its own personality. An imperfect being DISOBEYS HIS MASTER!' The Director screamed in anger, and grabbed the gun he kept on his belt and pointed it at him. 'An imperfect being must be eliminated.'
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 10, 2013 4:30 pm

Dark looked at the director with deadly eyes. 'Why didn't you say so, master,' he said a bit sadisticly. He pushed the dior open, finding Evangeline leaving. 'The personality part just requires training, but,' he said, grabbing the two below and dragging them into the room with his aura. 'I do make plans without telling people.'
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 10, 2013 4:35 pm

"What the hell?!" Evangeline exclaimed as a strange and deadly force dragged her and Nev from the exit. She managed to hide a certain item she picked up in a room that lead to a dead end before getting dragged in. Looking at the Director and Dark, she chuckled.

"Started the party without me? I believed I declined my invitation, but thanks anyway." She turned to Dark, "You sure are a loyal dog, I'd hate to see that collar of yours choke the life out of you."

(You can take over as the Director~)
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 10, 2013 4:38 pm

Dark looked at Evangeline. He remembered calling her wings beautiful before he hugged her. 'I can't help myself. The, the other me, he gets control,' he cried to her, the director releasing a shot from the gun straight into Dark's stomach. Dark heaved a bit, apologizing unlike the others who hurt her before he fell. 'Both of you are imperfect!'
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 10, 2013 4:43 pm

"I never wanted to be perfect," Evangeline said, grabbing her own stolen gun from the pants she hid it in. Pointing it directly at the Director, she emptied the entire round, shooting them all in his direction.

Not looking if she had even hit him, she kneeled beside Dark, ripped a piece of her pant leg, and used it to press against Dark's wound. "It's okay," she reassured him, "I'll make sure we all make it out of here alive. Nev walked cautiously over to the Director, checking to see if he was dead or not.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 10, 2013 4:46 pm

Dark didn't have a lot of strength to really go against her, his body chsnging back as the aura focused on his wound. His arm and leg were still different, but he didn't seem to care. 'Ya know,' he mumbled. 'I think I like you,' he said before hr choked a bit falling asleep. Scientists ran in, looking at the director. 'Killers!'
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 10, 2013 4:52 pm

"You're the killers!" Nev shouted with sparking cheeks, launching a volley of ThunderShocks at the entering scientists.

Evangeline chuckled a bit, using every ounce of her power to throw Dark over her shoulder. "You know," she muttered, "This would be a lot faster if you were awake." She managed to start walking with the excess weight, and clumsily reloaded her gun. "Now," she said, amplifying her voice to any scientist that wasn't zapped, "My friends and I are going to leave. If you don't want that to happen, then you'll end up like that guy." She boredly pointed to the Director. "Any questions?"
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 10, 2013 4:56 pm

Dark stayed over Evangeline's shoulder, the scientists growling at her in disgust. They set the facility on lockdown from another room, metal slabs blocking everything... Except the window. The scientists had lethal injections in their hands prepared tovshoot Evangeline. 'Who's to say if you escape he'll even live. That gunshot looks pretty severe,' ine said looking at blood fall onto her wing. 'Who says we'll let you live?'
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 10, 2013 5:04 pm

Evangeline said nothing, her reply was instead another round of bullets shot haphazardly in the direction of the scientists. "Nev!" she called, "We're getting out of here!" Nev complied without question, jumping onto her other shoulder and hanging on tight. Running at the window, she threw herself out of it, shattering the glass in a glorious exit.

She knew she couldn't fly, but it didn't make her wings useless. Spreading them wide, she used them to bank and slow them down enough so that their fall wouldn't kill them. She clung to Dark tightly, keeping a steady grip so she didn't from them while they fell.

When they finally landed, Evangeline cried out from torturous pain. She had landed on her back, which caused almost every one of her hollow and fragile wing bones to shatter. She set Dark beside her, and curled into a fetal position almost unwillingly out of pain. Nev seemed unscathed, and gave a concerned look up toward the now busted window.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 10, 2013 5:10 pm

Dark woke up not too much sooner, and when he turned his head he saw Evangeline. He pulled her over into a hug crying in her shoulder asking if she was alright. Scientists were waiting at the front, lethak injections in hand. 'I won't let them hurt you,' Dark mumbled to her, putting his hand over his wound and holding it pressured as he stood.

Concentrating, he was able to pry a bit of aura and cut the scientists' hands off, and then their arms. 'Killers,' he cried, not wanting to slaughter them but having no choice. When he finished, he did as Evangeline had, holstering her to his shoulder and grabbing Nev walking from the facility.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 10, 2013 5:14 pm

The pain seemed to much for Evangeline. "Thank...you," she said weakly before passing out. Nev sat on Dark's shoulder looking at both with concern.

"Both you guys are hurt," he said, "Where should we go?"
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 10, 2013 5:18 pm

Dark walked into a forest, setting Evangeline down under a tree. 'She isn't hurt,' he told Nev, kneeling down and focusing his aura on her. He was already burning from the sunlight, but he made himself dizzy repairing her bones with his aura. He was close to tipping and dying, but Evangeline was his friend. He suffered through his pain after finishing, waiting for her to get up sitting beside her holding his stomach.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 10, 2013 8:46 pm

Evangeline woke with a gasp moments later, the pain having vanished completely. "How..." she trailed off before noticing Dark on the verge of catastrophe. "Crap, you shouldn't have waisted your energy on me. You were worse off to begin with." She ripped of another strip from her other pant leg and used it as a cleaner bandage, pressing it to the wound.

"Do you think you could make it to a hospital? Wait, there's a natural herb store back in town. I may be able to steal some supplies to help treat the wound. If only I knew Heal Pulse instead of Ice Beam," she chuckled, trying to make a desperate situation light humored.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 10, 2013 8:49 pm

Dark looked at Evangeline as she spoke. "I don't think I'm going to make it period," he told her, being blunt with his words as he held the wound alongside her. "I've bled out too much as it is. I'll probably pass out sooner than not. But at least I got to know someone that I like," he said, acting as if he was really goign to die.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 10, 2013 8:54 pm

"You are not going to die." Evangeline stated sternly. "Once it gets dark, I'm going to get the supplies we need. And you are going to sit quietly like an obedient pup while I do. I'm going to have Nev stay here and make sure you don't do anything stupid while I'm gone." She leaned against a tree, and gave Dark a glare that told him he'd have hell to pay if he did try something stupid. "You just need to hold out until nightfall."

Nev nodded in agreement, sitting on the covering of Dark's wound in order to keep pressure on it.

(Isn't it kinda sad they don't even know each other's names XD)
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 3 H6Q0F8z

Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 24Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next