HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Bryan
Bryan

Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Empty
PostSubject: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit H6Q0F8zMon Jul 08, 2013 12:25 pm

Flashback:
"NIDOQUEEN!"

An about to faint Nidoqueen Scratches her healthy and powerful opponent: Gym Leader Brawly's Hariyama. The challenger Bruce watches the breathtaking action. The team's undefeated streak is on the line, as well as their honor and pride. Bruce learned his lesson in a hard way. He let his ego, and cockiness get the best of him and challenged Brawly unprepared putting faith in his own belief that he is indestructible.

"Eh? What's with them Pokémanz?"

The Gym Leader's question after he saw how Bruce's healthy Pokémon surprisingly came out of their Poké Balls and gave Bruce a mad stare for a few seconds. One of them snatched a Poké Ball, and they all walked towards the fainted Nidoqueen to put her back to her Ball safely as they exited the building to head towards the nearest Pokémon Center. Something about their stare gave Bruce the goose bumps. He rarely gets his hair standing but when it does happen, there really is something awful. Were the little monsters frustrated by the defeat? Or is it something more dramatic?

"You are a stupid, self-obsessed prideful trainer," was the reaction of his Squirtle the moment Bruce stepped inside the Pokémon Center to follow his Pokémon.

"How could you forget something important? Something that we taught each other blindly," a riddle his starter Treecko gave.

"You took advantage of my kindness. Just because I'm always separated from the others, doesn't mean I don't know what really is happening," an unusual tone from his lonely Magby.

"I knew it. The moment you captured me when I was weak. The moment you took me away from my friends. I knew it. You're evil," the painful words from a Riolu.

His mad Pokémon all stared at him violently. As if wanting to beat the crap out of him. They're all sitting at the corner, on a sofa. There's a glass table in the middle with two Poké Balls. From it came out a healed Monferno and a Nidoqueen.

"I can't believe I was brainwashed. Conversely, something like that. By the likes of you," backed the defeated Monferno.

However, one of them seemed to be the mature one. Using her colossal tail, she smashes the glass table with anger. It shattered as everyone in the building was startled and looked at them.

"Disrespectful hypocrites."

Present time:
Somewhere along the shores of Dewford, a Trainer and a huge Pokémon watches the sea and feels the breeze as they discuss something.

"You're stupid. I told you not to mind them anymore. I'll explain everything to them."

"Even so, I'm the trainer. I'm the one supposed to be fixing things. This is not like me at all. Back in Littleroot, I'm mister tough guy who keeps finding solutions."

"Well, you're not in Littleroot. You're not with creatures who know you as who you really are. It's hard to impress everyone."

"It's embarrassing how you, a Pokémon has more wisdom and knowledge than me. And more maturity."

"Human logic: Age is just a number. Humans and we are very similar in a lot of ways. Your race is just too dumb to realize that. Look, I'm like the big sister here. I'm still your pet warrior of sorts but right now, I'm speaking as a Pokémon and talking to you as a human. Not as my trainer."

"You're right. So how do I deal with it now? What do I do once I go inside and back in that room?"

"Well, Nurse Joy said that you didn't have to pay the broken table anymore. I already apologized. However, she said that the next time you broke something, you might get sued. About the other ones, just walk in there like nothing happened. I already talked and explained. They seem to have understood. They will probably apologize."

"Wait, get sued? You're the one who broke the table."

"Yeah. *laughs*

With that discussion, everything seems to get better now. Bruce's Pokémon were mad at him. Both sides are wrong. The Pokémon were mad because they thought Bruce only cared about himself and his undefeated streak and does not care if they get hurt. While Bruce kept his ego and pride instead of lowering himself and knowing the problem just like how any trainer should.

Nidoqueen and Bruce walked back to the Pokémon Center and to their assigned room. Bruce pushes the door open. He smiled at the look of his Pokémon. They looked like little children who just broke their mother's vase.

"Alright now, fellas. Your big sister talked to me as well. I apologize," was all he could say. With his personality, he sees this as the most embarrassing thing he has ever said. Nevertheless, he has to. For the sake of being a trainer and a true friend.

The Pokémon smiled and dramatically; they ran towards Bruce crying and clinging round his legs wanting a hug. Bruce kneels and hugs them.

Comically, Nidoqueen snorts. "Alright I know this is important but this is too corny. What you say, Bruce? What you say you treat us with food again?"

With that said, all stopped hugging. There were a moment of silence and awkwardness.

Hours have passed after their problem got solved, and they ate happily. Bruce weirdly felt something towards Nidoqueen. The same feeling Monferno has. It will all eventually unleash at some point in their journey later.

"Alright, we can't slack all day and eat all day. Let's move on. First, we need to strengthen ourselves. I don't care anymore about the streak or how much we lose. What's important is our safety and our trust in each other. So yeah enough with the drama. Let's go find an opponent."

"Never again will I let ego and pride get the best of me. I am a Pokémon Trainer. My Pokémon needs to be ruled by me. I am their leader. I am breaking the habit today," were his thoughts.

The team walks inside the cave of Dewford to explore it; waiting for any opponent to appear.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit H6Q0F8zMon Jul 08, 2013 12:41 pm

Strangely enough, a Frillish appeared, padding along on all tentacles. It stopped, wondering whether or not to ask this strange person in front of her for directions.

Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit 592f
Level 22
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit H6Q0F8zMon Jul 08, 2013 1:00 pm

A jellyfish-like Pokémon has appeared before Bruce.

"What is that creature? I've never seen anything like it before," he thought as he took his Pokédex out and focused its sensor on the unidentified creature.

"Frillish, the Floating Pokémon. Frillish can constrict its foes using its veil-like tentacles and numb them with poison. It is said to live in dens some five miles below sea level," the information and identity the Pokédex spoke in a robotic voice. The Pokédex also displayed additional information such as blue Frillishes being male and the female pink.

"Five miles below sea level? What's it doing here then," Bruce wondered as he put the Pokédex back to where it was. He carefully approached the creature and spoke, "Hello there, Frillish. I am a Pokémon Trainer and according to my Pokédex you lived in dens some five miles below sea level. I wonder what you're doing in here? Are you lost?"
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit H6Q0F8zMon Jul 08, 2013 1:31 pm

"Friiiii!" It nodded vigorously. Flapping about it's tentacles, it was glad it finally found someone.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit H6Q0F8zMon Jul 08, 2013 1:36 pm

Bruce smiled, knowing he's about to help someone. This is so not him at all. That drama a while ago made him a little soft.

"I see. Well, there's the exit to the cave, and I can see the water from here. Why don't you simply go there," he said pointing towards the said area.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit H6Q0F8zMon Jul 08, 2013 1:59 pm

"Fril? Frill!" It looked questioningly and gave an exclamation of joy. Thanking him quickly, it quickly padded away and soon the sound of a splash and joyful swimming around and splashing could be heard, as though a horde of children were playing and splashing each other with water.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit H6Q0F8zMon Jul 08, 2013 2:03 pm

Happy to help but also frustrated that he was unable to fight. Oh well, there are countless monsters inside this cave. Bruce continued to search around for an opponent.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit H6Q0F8zMon Jul 08, 2013 2:54 pm

The light patter of tiny feet could be heard but the recipient could not be seen. There was a pokemon around...somewhere...

Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit 595
Level 23

(You just can't see it. It's like, tiiiiiny.)
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit H6Q0F8zWed Jul 10, 2013 6:45 am

Comment:
RP:
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit H6Q0F8zWed Jul 10, 2013 11:43 am

(D:< ...Um...I got nothing to call you. :/ )

A Ducklett fluttered around, no doubt looking for the Joltik Bruce had just encountered. It looked around for perhaps another snack but suddenly noticed the trainer.

Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit 580
Level 19
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit H6Q0F8zWed Jul 10, 2013 12:05 pm

Comment:
RP:
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit H6Q0F8zWed Jul 10, 2013 12:15 pm

(All right. Why the Spoilers? Anyway, TOENAIL BITER! >:D )

Ducklett fluttered up, away from the Squirtle, before diving into an Aerial Ace, straight the Squirtle, wings out and glowing white.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit H6Q0F8zWed Jul 10, 2013 12:19 pm

Comment:
RP:
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit H6Q0F8zWed Jul 10, 2013 12:25 pm

(XD Can't wait to read it~)

Ducklett surged forward, being normally damaged by Ice, it tried to clash it's Aerial Ace with it's opponent's Ice Punch.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit H6Q0F8zWed Jul 10, 2013 12:27 pm

Squirtle didn't expect this fighting spirit from his opponent. So it seems, maybe they both got hurt. "Eh, wow. Another."
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit H6Q0F8zWed Jul 10, 2013 12:46 pm

Ducklett hovered back up, opting for ranged attacks. It perched on a high rock and slashed it's wings in a cutting movement, using Air Cutter(EM) at it's foe.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit H6Q0F8zWed Jul 10, 2013 1:11 pm

Squirtle got hit and tumbled back, able to stand up though. "You are okay, lad? We wait here. Come at us now, ducky."
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit H6Q0F8zWed Jul 10, 2013 1:29 pm

"Duck?" it cocked it's head. Eagerly complying, it used another Air Cutter.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit H6Q0F8zWed Jul 10, 2013 1:35 pm

Squirtle jumped up; an Ice Punch loaded.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit H6Q0F8zWed Jul 10, 2013 2:02 pm

Alarmed, the Ducklett fluttered up higher, perching on the highest post it could find, it fired another Air Cutter.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit H6Q0F8zThu Jul 11, 2013 1:45 am

Again, Squirtle got hit. "Alright now, Water Gun on its wing."
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit H6Q0F8zThu Jul 11, 2013 11:49 am

"Duck?" It quacked as the Water Gun hit it's wing, not causing any noticeable damage. It simply shook off the water before using another Air Cutter.
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit H6Q0F8zThu Jul 11, 2013 1:03 pm

Ducklett looked on, knowing the Ice Punch wouldn't reach it. It ruffled up it's feathers, poofing itself up before using another Air Cutter.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit H6Q0F8zThu Jul 11, 2013 1:53 pm

Bruce used another Water Gun.

Got lazy, Flame.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit H6Q0F8z

Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next