HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Bryan
Bryan

Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot Empty
PostSubject: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot H6Q0F8zSun Jul 21, 2013 4:59 am

Flashback:
"NIDOQUEEN!"

An about to faint Nidoqueen Scratches her healthy and powerful opponent: Gym Leader Brawly's Hariyama. The challenger Bruce watches the breathtaking action. The team's undefeated streak is on the line, as well as their honor and pride. Bruce learned his lesson in a hard way. He let his ego, and cockiness get the best of him and challenged Brawly unprepared putting faith in his own belief that he is indestructible.

"Eh? What's with them Pokémanz?"

The Gym Leader's question after he saw how Bruce's healthy Pokémon surprisingly came out of their Poké Balls and gave Bruce a mad stare for a few seconds. One of them snatched a Poké Ball, and they all walked towards the fainted Nidoqueen to put her back to her Ball safely as they exited the building to head towards the nearest Pokémon Center. Something about their stare gave Bruce the goose bumps. He rarely gets his hair standing but when it does happen, there really is something awful. Were the little monsters frustrated by the defeat? Or is it something more dramatic?

"You are a stupid, self-obsessed prideful trainer," was the reaction of his Squirtle the moment Bruce stepped inside the Pokémon Center to follow his Pokémon.

"How could you forget something important? Something that we taught each other blindly," a riddle his starter Treecko gave.

"You took advantage of my kindness. Just because I'm always separated from the others, doesn't mean I don't know what really is happening," an unusual tone from his lonely Magby.

"I knew it. The moment you captured me when I was weak. The moment you took me away from my friends. I knew it. You're evil," the painful words from a Riolu.

His mad Pokémon all stared at him violently. As if wanting to beat the crap out of him. They're all sitting at the corner, on a sofa. There's a glass table in the middle with two Poké Balls. From it came out a healed Monferno and a Nidoqueen.

"I can't believe I was brainwashed. Conversely, something like that. By the likes of you," backed the defeated Monferno.

However, one of them seemed to be the mature one. Using her colossal tail, she smashes the glass table with anger. It shattered as everyone in the building was startled and looked at them.

"Disrespectful hypocrites."

Present time:
Somewhere along the shores of Dewford, a Trainer and a huge Pokémon watches the sea and feels the breeze as they discuss something.

"You're stupid. I told you not to mind them anymore. I'll explain everything to them."

"Even so, I'm the trainer. I'm the one supposed to be fixing things. This is not like me at all. Back in Littleroot, I'm mister tough guy who keeps finding solutions."

"Well, you're not in Littleroot. You're not with creatures who know you as who you really are. It's hard to impress everyone."

"It's embarrassing how you, a Pokémon has more wisdom and knowledge than me. And more maturity."

"Human logic: Age is just a number. Humans and we are very similar in a lot of ways. Your race is just too dumb to realize that. Look, I'm like the big sister here. I'm still your pet warrior of sorts but right now, I'm speaking as a Pokémon and talking to you as a human. Not as my trainer."

"You're right. So how do I deal with it now? What do I do once I go inside and back in that room?"

"Well, Nurse Joy said that you didn't have to pay the broken table anymore. I already apologized. However, she said that the next time you broke something, you might get sued. About the other ones, just walk in there like nothing happened. I already talked and explained. They seem to have understood. They will probably apologize."

"Wait, get sued? You're the one who broke the table."

"Yeah. *laughs*

With that discussion, everything seems to get better now. Bruce's Pokémon were mad at him. Both sides are wrong. The Pokémon were mad because they thought Bruce only cared about himself and his undefeated streak and does not care if they get hurt. While Bruce kept his ego and pride instead of lowering himself and knowing the problem just like how any trainer should.

Nidoqueen and Bruce walked back to the Pokémon Center and to their assigned room. Bruce pushes the door open. He smiled at the look of his Pokémon. They looked like little children who just broke their mother's vase.

"Alright now, fellas. Your big sister talked to me as well. I apologize," was all he could say. With his personality, he sees this as the most embarrassing thing he has ever said. Nevertheless, he has to. For the sake of being a trainer and a true friend.

The Pokémon smiled and dramatically; they ran towards Bruce crying and clinging round his legs wanting a hug. Bruce kneels and hugs them.

Comically, Nidoqueen snorts. "Alright I know this is important but this is too corny. What you say, Bruce? What you say you treat us with food again?"

With that said, all stopped hugging. There were a moment of silence and awkwardness.

Hours have passed after their problem got solved, and they ate happily. Bruce weirdly felt something towards Nidoqueen. The same feeling Monferno has. It will all eventually unleash at some point in their journey later.

"Alright, we can't slack all day and eat all day. Let's move on. First, we need to strengthen ourselves. I don't care anymore about the streak or how much we lose. What's important is our safety and our trust in each other. So yeah enough with the drama. Let's go find an opponent."

"Never again will I let ego and pride get the best of me. I am a Pokémon Trainer. My Pokémon needs to be ruled by me. I am their leader. I am breaking the habit today," were his thoughts.

The team walks inside the cave of Dewford to explore it; waiting for any opponent to appear.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot H6Q0F8zSun Jul 21, 2013 8:03 am

A Ducklett fluttered around, not noticing the trainer.

Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot 580
Level 19
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot H6Q0F8zSun Jul 21, 2013 8:37 am

OC: I can haz gender?

IC: Bruce eyes yet another creature unknown to him. Again, he takes his Pokédex out to get the info he needs.

"Ducklett, the Water Bird Pokémon. A skilled diver, Ducklett swims underwater in search of its favorite food: peat moss," the Pokédex recorded again along with another info. "Shiz bricks. It's a Water/Flying Pokémon. I can use this one against Brawly since according to the Pokédex, it knows Wing Attack and Aerial Ace by now. It would be a good decision to exchange him for Magby. It was a bad move to have two of the same types with me. Yes, I'll have two Water-types then, but at least it's part Flying. Besides, Magby's the useless one in the team to be honest. However, Duckletts can fly. This is going to be a long and annoying battle," Bruce thought.

"Hey, duck. Erm, Ducklett!"
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot H6Q0F8zSun Jul 21, 2013 8:54 am

(Oh. Female.)

The Ducklett swivelled around, letting out a small cheep. It eyed the trainer with increasing caution.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot H6Q0F8zSun Jul 21, 2013 2:54 pm

Bruce has successfully got the wild Pokémon's attention. He'd try to capture the Ducklett without using force - something he has never tried before. "So, uhm, I'm Bruce. As you can see, I'm a Pokémon Trainer. So yeah, you look quite tough. Would you lend me your strength, lad?"
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot H6Q0F8zSun Jul 21, 2013 3:01 pm

"Duck?" It quacked, not quite understanding.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot H6Q0F8zSun Jul 21, 2013 3:06 pm

"Uhm..."

"Not sure if he can't understand human language or he didn't get what I was trying to say," he thought. "I'm saying, can you be part of my team?"
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot H6Q0F8zSun Jul 21, 2013 3:08 pm

The Ducklett seemed taken aback and hesitated, not quite sure how to respond.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot H6Q0F8zSun Jul 21, 2013 3:14 pm

"I know I suck at this but I'm not forcing you. It's your free will. But really, just look at her."

Bruce taps Nidoqueen's Pokéball and out she comes.

"I caught her fully evolved with a weaker Treecko. I mean, together, we might be able to mix our skills and make something out of it."
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot H6Q0F8zMon Jul 22, 2013 11:06 am

"Lett..." It still seemed indecisive. Then it seemed to suddenly make up it's mind and nodded.

(This is so not fair. You were fighting! >=3 )
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot H6Q0F8zMon Jul 22, 2013 11:40 am

OC: It's too late. My evil plan has succeeded. Mwahahah. Naw, seriously this won't happen again. Even so, really, this isn't against the rules. I think. *blinks* Every one on the site knows I am a master of deception and escape. ^.^

IC: That was a positive answer. Even though, Bruce won't be so careless. "Alright then, here's your home." He takes out a Pokéball from his pocket, currently in its miniature look. He taps the circle that can be found on its center, and it grows into its normal size. Bruce places it on the ground and gently taps it with his foot. The ball is now rolling towards the duck Pokémon.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot H6Q0F8zMon Jul 22, 2013 11:55 am

Ducklett eyed it with growing suspicion, but tapped it lightly anyway. It knew what it was. It was absorbed in, with a red glow before the ball clicked.

Congratulations! You have caught a Ducklett. Do you wish to give it a nickname?

Ducklett
Female
Level 19
Water Gun
Bubblebeam
Water Sport
Defog
Wing Attack
Water Pulse
Aerial Ace
Air Cutter (EM)
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot H6Q0F8zWed Jul 24, 2013 1:25 pm

Bruce is not the type to give his Pokémon a name. He walked towards the Pokéball, now confident that there won't be any surprise attacks by the Ducklett. However, upon touching the ball, it glowed and disappeared. That's when he remembered that a Trainer can't have six Pokémon with him. He didn't worry though, that Pokéball surely ended up in his computer. He can't figure out how technology does that though. He continued exploring.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot H6Q0F8zWed Jul 24, 2013 1:34 pm

Suddenly a strange sight appeared before them. A Snorlax was napping inconveniently in their path and a Tyrogue was merrily dancing on it's stomach, although the Snorlax didn't appear to mind.

Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot 143Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot 236
Level 20
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot H6Q0F8zWed Jul 24, 2013 1:49 pm

Amazed by what he's just seen, a large smile was put upon his face. He suddenly doubted that he'd be unable to take both Pokémon down. However, a Pokémon Trainer can't lose his fighting spirit and trust over his team. This would be a perfect time for Ducklett's Flying-type moves to shine; unfortunately, she's in a computer right now. He decided that Monferno's moves should be able to take down the wild Snorlax with ease while Squirtle can clash with the wild Tyrogue.

However, why is the Tyrogue dancing on the much bigger Pokémon's stomach? Isn't he scared that the big one can easily pummel him should it wake up? Or are they friends? Bruce is about to find out.

Monferno and Squirtle have been sent out.

Last edited by Chester on Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot H6Q0F8zWed Jul 24, 2013 1:58 pm

Tyrogue noticed and jumped down. With a punch, it woke up the Snorlax. It appeared to a be friend of the Snorlax's as it slowly got to an upright position and sleepily rubbed it's eyes. It didn't bother getting up as it just sat there. Tyrogue quickly dashed forward with Mach Punch, aiming to punch the Squirtle while Snorlax just drowsily looked at Monferno.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot H6Q0F8zWed Jul 24, 2013 2:10 pm

Squirtle, being the cocky and overconfident one that he is - with a big grin - watched Tyrogue as he came closer to him. He intentionally let the punch hit his face. "Eh, don't do that a lot, turtle. Blast him away with Water Gun." Squirtle immediately did as told.

Monferno, eyed the groggy Snorlax while loyally awaiting his orders. "Monferno, this should be easy since you have the type and speed advantage; beware of his powerful strikes though. Charge with Mach Punch." The Fire-type moved his legs and sprinted towards the Snorlax with its glowing fist raised ready to hit the wild Snorlax on the forehead with his Mach Punch.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot H6Q0F8zWed Jul 24, 2013 2:39 pm

Tyrogue was blasted backwards into Snorlax. It had simply toppled over when the attack landed. Snorlax just lay there, slumbering. It had gone back to sleep. Tyrogue jumped back up to it's feet and leaped forward with another Mach Punch.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot H6Q0F8zFri Jul 26, 2013 10:22 am

Monferno tilted his head as his attack seemingly did no damage to the wild Snorlax.

This time, Squirtle hops to the right dodging the punch. "Another Water Gun," commanded Bruce. Again, Squirtle did as told.

"I think I like that Tyrogue. Ah, this thought of mine just reminded me of an Internet meme," Bruce thought. "Oh yeah, hey, Monferno, leave the fat guy alone for a while. Come at Tyrogue with a Scratch."

Monferno, following instructions, would run towards the Tyrogue with a Scratch as a follow-up from Squirtle's Water Gun.

Last edited by Chester on Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:29 am; edited 1 time in total
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot H6Q0F8zFri Jul 26, 2013 12:51 pm

Snorlax sure didn't appreciate being called 'fat guy' but was too lazy to get up. It gave a deep rumble before turning over to it's side. Tyrogue was blasted back with the Water Gun, but that effectively gave it time to dodge the Scratch, before coming in closer with a Tackle, trying to first Tackle the Monferno then Mach Punch the Squirtle.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot H6Q0F8zSat Jul 27, 2013 6:39 am

The Tackle hit the charging Monferno as the impact stunned him for a short time. He tumbled and sat on the ground trying to shake the dizziness off.

Squirtle, who tried to dodge got hit by the punch and was sent flying a few steps away and crashing on the ground. "Eh, wow. I'm impressed. Monferno, you are okay?"

The monkey stands up and being the wild battler that he is, jumps and smiles. "Good, change of plans, sorry. Mach Punch the Snorlax. Lucky you, he'd be like a training dummy." Monferno with fist glowing again, would sprint towards the back-faced Snorlax and give him one power packed punch to the spine.

"Squirtle, a- ...Oh, you're back to your feet, heh. This guy has been punching you, show him yours this time. Ice Punch!" Glowing an icy blue aura with shards of ice, Squirtle aims his fist towards Tyrogue's torso for one icy cool punch that would... "freshen" the living beejesus out of the Tyrogue.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot H6Q0F8zSat Jul 27, 2013 2:05 pm

At that moment, Snorlax woke up with a grunt. It saw the approaching Monferno and punched the ground, causing it to quake and possibly make everyone lose balance. Tyrogue toppled over and narrowly avoided the Squirtle which flew over it. Snorlax then Yawned at Monferno with a bored air, before getting up and trying to Tackle the hopefully drowsy Monferno.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot H6Q0F8zSat Jul 27, 2013 3:14 pm

A few dust fall from the top of the cave. "Not my ten million dollar cap getting dirty..."

Poor Monferno got dizzy and now is about to be put to sleep. His eyes closed on their own, but he tried to shake it off and open only for it to close again. He was about to lay on the ground asleep when he was Tackled by the colossal Snorlax. Obviously, the impact sent him flying and smashing on a wall. However, he crashes on the ground still asleep.

Squirtle, who tried an Ice Punch ended up crashing on the ground as well. He rolled over and grinned at the Tyrogue. "Yay! Yay! Everybody crashes on the ground," Bruce exclaimed with a sarcastic tone. "You must return, Monferno."

From the red laser of a Pokéball, Monferno has been withdrawn. "Come on out, Treecko." Replacing the monkey, is the wood gecko. "Treecko, I want you to focus on Snorlax. Take advantage of your speed. Come at him quick and use Leer."

Treecko nods a yes. He ran towards Snorlax as fast as he could and would jump as high as he can and look into its eyes for a Leer.

"Turtle, your turn. Try another Ice Punch."
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot H6Q0F8zSat Jul 27, 2013 3:19 pm

Snorlax saw the Leer, puzzled. It swung another arm, trying to grab it and give it a friendly Lick. It did that to Tyrogue all the time. However, it didn't realise it was in a battle. In any case, Tyrogue tried to match it's Mach punch with the Squirtle's Ice Punch. The attack collided and ended up with Tyrogue's fist freezing up. It weighed down the pokemon but knocking it against the ground a few times caused it to shatter and allowed Tyrogue another Mach Punch.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot H6Q0F8zSat Jul 27, 2013 3:36 pm

Treecko was happy the Leer quite worked and let himself be grabbed. He would now begin battling without the need of Bruce's orders because that's how he was trained. He's better off on his own. Seeing the wide and disgusting tongue of the Snorlax, Treecko felt a few creeps. He took advantage of that moment by using Absorb. Perfect since his entire body is grasped by the huge hands of Snorlax. "I knew it," thought Bruce referring to Treecko's capability to fight without orders.

Even though Tyrogue could free his frozen arm shortly, it would still slow the speed of his punch at least a bit. "Clash of the titans." Squirtle is an easy getter, so he would clash with another Ice Punch of his own.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot H6Q0F8z

Bruce Mathers: Chapter 7: Breaking the Habit Reboot
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next