HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
Bryan
Bryan

Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer Empty
PostSubject: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer H6Q0F8zFri Feb 01, 2013 6:23 am

Before Chester Shinoda chose to take a journey of his own away from Bruce, "The Game Changer" managed to convince Chester that he gets to keep Riolu. Chester agreed and didn't feel that bad knowing someday winds of change will get into his nostrils; meaning he'll find awesome Pokémon along the way just like how Bruce does.

With his Pokémon healed, he locks Dewford Gym on his crosshairs and looks forward to getting the badge and another victory for his undefeated streak. "We are unstoppable," he said looking at his Pokémon who are in the Pokemon Center and outside their Poké balls. The Pokémon are getting to know each other even more as well as the newly caught Riolu.

"You guys seem to be having fun," he commented looking at his two starter Pokémon from different region, a Fire-type who will soon get his own flame-thrower, a beefy Nidoqueen and the new powerhouse, Riolu. Magby agrees with a smile. "Okay guys, I hate to be a buzz kill but we should not party yet. Not until we get the next badge. After we do so, we can have a picnic and you guys can do what you want. Nidoqueen, I know how it feels to be the only girl though," he said. Nidoqueen smiles an awkward yes. "No girl gossips, make overs and stuff like that," he added. Nidoqueen narrows his eyes and looks irritated. "-laughs- Eh, I know you're not that type of a girl. You're more of a tomboyish type. Oh well, let's go get ourselves some, friends," he said before taking six empty Poké balls and taking each Pokémon back to it.

"Guess I'll have to stick with you guys. I hate having a Pokémon on my PC," he thought thanking Nurse Joy for the stay and healing before leaving the building and entering Dewford Gym.

"Hey, it's me Bruce. The one who battled a hiker and a girl earlier. I'm back to resume my progress here," he called out waiting for a response.
Lucretia
Lucretia

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer H6Q0F8zThu Feb 07, 2013 4:29 am

Brawly stepped forward, looking toned and muscular as ever. It was clear he had just gotten done with one of his training sessions based on his current attire and the sweat beads glistening on his brow. "So you're the kid who got past my trainees?" He chuckled a bit. "Thought you would've been bigger. Still, I assume you came here for a challenge. In that case..." He retrieved a pokeball from the small podium behind him. "I'm Brawly! Dewford's Gym Leader! I've been churned in the rough waves of these parts, and I've grown tough in the pitch-black cave! So you wanted to challenge me? Let me see what you're made of!"
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer H6Q0F8zThu Feb 07, 2013 3:27 pm

[[:) Lucy, he's tall enough and 16 and hunk. That means he ain't small.]]

Bruce narrows his eyes a bit and laughs a short and annoyed one. "Small? Why don't we take our shirts off after I defeat you then we go outside and ask the ladies who is bigger and hotter," he said confident that his body is well built for someone his age. "Oh and "churned in the rough waves", "pitch black", how many times did my friends hear it from you? I guess gym leader has scripts. Eh, sorry if I offended you. This is my humor," he explained hoping Brawly won't take it personally but more of a trainer-gym leader trash talk.

"I don't really have anything that will be super effective against Fighting-type but that gives me even more challenge. Might wanna smile for that because you're going to need all the luck in the world," Bruce boasted before he tapped a Poke ball that is clipped on his belt. Out comes Kofi the Monferno. The monkey with a flaming tail keeps jumping and looks impatient; being wild in a battle as usual.
Lucretia
Lucretia

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer H6Q0F8zFri Feb 08, 2013 12:47 am

[[Small doesn't refer to height, and based on his image he isn't "hunky" in comparison to the fighting type gym leader]]

Brawly rolled his eyes at the weak attempt at come-backs from the male trainer. He didn't care, he just wanted to get the battle over with and get back to his training. He expanded the ball in his hand, tossing it out to release his Machop to the field. "I'll start with Machp, this will be a two-on-two battle. I hope you're prepared," he said. It wasn't uncommon for Gym Leaders to set such rules at the beginning of an official battle. "Go Machop, start with Low Sweep!" Machop obeyed, quickly rushing into battle and attempting to attack Monferno's legs.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer H6Q0F8zFri Feb 08, 2013 9:52 am

[[You do realize he's wearing a jacket/coat, right?]]

Monferno dodges with a quick cartwheel before facing Machop and doing another cartwheel as he got beside him. He then turned his back and went for a backflip; now behind Machop. "He's based on a monkey so yeah. Mach Punch," Bruce commanded as Monferno clenched his glowing right fist and grinned before attempting a punch to Machop's head.

[[It probably sounded like Mega Punch but I don't really know what the move looks like.]]
Lucretia
Lucretia

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer H6Q0F8zMon Feb 11, 2013 9:49 pm

[Umm, wearing coats/jackets generally make people look larger, not smaller. Js. And mach punch is basically a fighting type quick attack.]

The move was fast, but so was Machop. He quickly threw his arms up to defend from the attack, taking it in stride. It was easy enough, since the move itself wasn't very powerful to begin with. "Karate chop, now!" Brawly ordered as the hit landed. Machop swiftly followed through, countering with a swing of his arm aimed at Monferno's mid-section!

Last edited by Lucretia on Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer H6Q0F8zMon Feb 11, 2013 11:08 pm

[[Mankey's midsection? Maybe Monferno? :P]]

Monferno's eyes sparkled and twinkled quickly which is meant to blind Machop for a while. He would try to stop the foe's move with the used Leer.
Lucretia
Lucretia

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer H6Q0F8zThu Feb 14, 2013 8:17 pm

[Eh, monkey, whatever]

Unfortunately for Monferno, that wasn't quite how leer worked. Though Machop's defense was lowered slightly, it didn't stop him from following through with his attack! He quickly swept his legs around right after the attack, going for a Low Sweep with no recovery time!
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer H6Q0F8zFri Feb 15, 2013 10:54 am

[[:P]]

Monferno got hit and was taken off his feet. He quickly raised both legs into an arc and jumped up landing in a standing position with a grin. "Hm. Same," Bruce decided. Monferno would use Leer again.
Lucretia
Lucretia

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer H6Q0F8zThu Feb 21, 2013 7:21 pm

Fortunately for Machop, a successful Low Sweep also lowers the target's speed. "Bulk up," Bawly ordered cooly. Mchop, though taking the defensive loss in stride began to pump up his muscles. They could be seen bulging and ripplling with his pure focus and power alone. His body was rock hard with the muscly power. Defense and Attack go up.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer H6Q0F8zFri Feb 22, 2013 3:13 pm

(You... >.>)

Bruce gave a sudden smirk and a short burst of laughter. "Finally some challenge. Let's if I'm really good. Or maybe I just can't stand up to something stronger after all," he said with nobility. "Monferno, time to heat things up with Ember."

Monferno used Ember!
Monferno | HP: 7/8 | Status: In-battle

Lucretia
Lucretia

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer H6Q0F8zWed Feb 27, 2013 12:17 am

The heated embers burst forward shortly before Monferno, flames licking at Machop acutely. The small muscle Pokémon raised his arms to protect his face asthe attack hit,but was quickly over. Pumping his muscles, one could see the blackened scorch marks on his body. However he didnt seem to sustain a burn this time around. "Karate Chop, now!" Brawly ordered, Machop swiftly taking to action to swing his arm at the foe fire monkey!
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer H6Q0F8zWed Feb 27, 2013 1:27 pm

(Kay, I lost track. As per Monferno, you can decide when he will feel weak and then faint. The next Pokémon that I will use; I will try to keep track. I'm very sorry.)

Monferno precisely blocks Machop's arm with his closest and then rises up the other. Kofi the Monferno would use Scratch on his own. "Hey, I didn't tell you to do that! But whatever. If I were to command you that's what I would tell you. But don't do that again."
Lucretia
Lucretia

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer H6Q0F8zFri Mar 01, 2013 7:48 pm

There was no way for Machop to dodge, but he used this opportunity to his advantage. As the claws raked across him, Machop's foot rose, slamming at his opponent with a shocking Low Kick attack. "Seems they've both been trained to counter. It's only natural for fighting types," Brawly stated cooly. "In the meantime, step back!" Brawly ordered. The Pokémon jumped back out of the immediate striking range of his foe.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer H6Q0F8zSun Mar 03, 2013 11:36 am

Kofi was hit but the adrenaline allowed him to stand still like a bouncer on a nightclub. "Come at me, bro," taunted Bruce.
Lucretia
Lucretia

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer H6Q0F8zMon Mar 04, 2013 6:04 am

Brawly shook his head. He knew that the Monferno didn't have much left in him, and this trainer put too much faith in a Pokémon that wasn't trained properly. "You know, preparation is key..." Brawly stated, to which Machop immediately responded by pumping up his muscles. Machop used Bulk-Up! Machop's Attack and Defense went up!
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer H6Q0F8zMon Mar 04, 2013 9:48 am

The truth hurts. The truth is that Bruce knows that he is not going so well. He wasn't even able to impress the gym leader a while ago when he tried to talk back. He could do better when it comes to trash talking but nervousness and excitement overcame him but he's doing a good job hiding all the fun; even if it could lead to him looking so unfocused. But it looks like his cover is blown.

"If I keep this up, I will lose my undefeated streak and my Pokémon will taste defeat in a gym battle. Running from a trainer battle is prohibited. Crap," was all Bruce could think of as he stood there silently. Kofi the Monferno confusedly looked at his trainer as it's a surprise that he didn't say a single word right away like he always does. "...Monferno, rest for a while."

Bruce won't let himself lose, he never will. "I can only choose two Pokémon to compete in this gym battle. I have to make a quick but smart decision. I can rely on my newly captured Riolu but it would give me more than the advantage that I want since he's Level 26. I should've searched for a Flying or Psychic-type a while ago. Machop's stats keep increasing. Kharma has the Poison Point ability which could slightly turn the tables on Brawly and I don't think Fighting-types can do well against Poison/Ground-type. Don't fail me, Kharma," he thought and he knows that Brawly's probably wondering why Bruce has been standing silently for a couple of seconds. He took a Pokeball and withdrew Kofi and took another one and out came Kharma the Nidoqueen.

"Now, Tail Whip and Poison Sting."

Nidoqueen swung her huge tail around and tried to distract the foe to lower his defenses. She would follow it up with Poison Sting hoping to poison the foe. If she fails to induce the poison, Machop will probably use physical attacks wherein her Poison Point ability could kick in. Poison Point has a 30% chance of inducing the foe with Poison upon contact.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer H6Q0F8zWed Mar 20, 2013 2:04 pm

Machop's defense was lowered, but it's attack remained high. The Poison Sting failed to poison it (I used RNG for that.) as it rushed with a Karate Chop.

Last edited by Flamelunar on Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer H6Q0F8zThu Mar 21, 2013 6:48 am

OOC:
Of course, Poison Point won't work as Machop has not done a physical attack during that time.

IC:
Suddenly, Bruce grinned with a relief. "You have your Ability, Nidoqueen," he reminded. Nidoqueen stood still and would take the hit intentionally in hopes that her Poison Point would kick in. Once she's hit, should Poison Point work or not, she'd use another Poison Sting.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer H6Q0F8zThu Mar 21, 2013 10:07 am

(Whoops. Sorry. Misread your post. ^^' Also, Machop saved being poisoned by a very close margin.)

Machop was puzzled as to why Nidoqueen did not attack before it did. Shrugging it off, it used another Karate Chop.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer H6Q0F8zFri Mar 22, 2013 2:26 pm

Taking advantage of her size, Nidoqueen blocked Machop's arms with her own beefy one. Good thing Bruce trained his Pokémon to fight on her own. She grinned at Machop. And then, he raised her other arm before she would rake her claws down the foe's face. She'd use Scratch.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer H6Q0F8zFri Mar 22, 2013 4:20 pm

Machop was slashed in the face and crumbled to the ground. However it immediately got up and surveyed it's opponent. Suddenly it just rushed towards Nidoqueen. One of it's legs began a faint glow. Taking advantage of the heavy build of Nidoqueen, it could trip her up, dealing heavy damage with Low Kick.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer H6Q0F8zSat Mar 23, 2013 7:01 am

Nidoqueen jumped and would pounce at Machop. Still taking advantage of his size, someone heavy quickly dropping down towards someone else should slow them down for a while. Should she succeed, she'd open her huge mouth and unleash poisonous barbs up-close. Poison Sting. But it would be very helpful and a huge advantage if Machop manages to dodge as Nidoqueen flop down.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer H6Q0F8zSat Mar 23, 2013 8:05 am

Machop was charging at full speed and wan't quick enough to veer away. Plenty of barbs stung it, poisoning it. With an angry cry, it continued it's Low Kick, it's hand glowing slightly with a budding move. Should it need to defend itself, Karate Chop and it's high critical hit ratio could possibly save it.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer H6Q0F8zSat Mar 23, 2013 9:08 am

Both attacks hit Nidoqueen. It did a pretty good damage on her but she also managed to poison the opponent. Things are starting to go fairly down for both sides. "Alright, his color slightly changed. You poisoned him. You okay? Scratch," he said.

Nidoqueen got to her feet and nodded a yes. She raised her beefy arm again and would go for another Scratch.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer H6Q0F8z

Bruce Mathers: Chapter 6: Revenge of The Game Changer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next