HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The real start to the journey

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
youarereta98
youarereta98

The real start to the journey Empty
PostSubject: The real start to the journey   The real start to the journey H6Q0F8zTue Apr 16, 2013 10:26 pm

Damn, how could I have lost that? It was completely in my favor. Reta wiped moisture from his eye before it built up. Had to of been dust. I'm stronger then this. Reta tried to comfort himself. He continued to look around for Robby or Antonio, this was to be his first Competition he had no idea how to sign up or what to do, but he had a plan for when he was finally in it and he knew it would win him first place and a nice ribbon to go along with it. He looked around finally spotting a building that stood out from the rest. A lower roof but wider and unlike the rest of the buildings it had coloring to it. Reta walked up to it. reading a sign that was placed next to the door "Rustbro city gym." Gym leaders are respectful people maybe one of the two came in here to ask her something, or maybe this is where the sign ups or even the competition are held. Reta grabbed the cool metal door hand and walked right in. It was dark but he could tell the inside of the building was almost wholly coated in a thick layer of cold rocks. "Hello?" Reta shouted out into the dark room acting like somebody had just walked into his house instead of the other way around. "Comon out I know somebody is here." He continued on in his common stone faced (get it?) unemotional voice.
SaxAppeal
SaxAppeal

PostSubject: Re: The real start to the journey   The real start to the journey H6Q0F8zWed Apr 17, 2013 12:22 pm

Robby was next door, chatting with his old teacher at the Trainer School. He had just left to sign up for the contest - his pass had finally expired, and that was a lengthy process to renew or replace it, when he saw that Dratini Trainer enter the Gym. He'd been told Roxanne was actually busy teaching some youngsters outside the city, and it was never fun to become one of her "demonstrations". Pushing the Gym door open slightly, he whispered, "Hey,, we should go before Roxanne gets back. Besides, getting a Contest Pass is a much longer process than some people make it seem." Robby stepped back, then started walking towards the theater they'd be using as a Contest Hall.
youarereta98
youarereta98

PostSubject: Re: The real start to the journey   The real start to the journey H6Q0F8zWed Apr 17, 2013 3:16 pm

Reta flicked his eyes to the ground for a second before hardening his gaze at robby. "H-how do you get a pass?" Reta asked fists clenched and jaw locked, the embaresment of asking somebody for help was to much for him.
Markj1998
Administrator
Markj1998
Administrator
Location : Definitely not in the cupboard... what i said not in the cupboard go away!

PostSubject: Re: The real start to the journey   The real start to the journey H6Q0F8zWed Apr 17, 2013 4:18 pm

Antonio finished his meal at the restaurant and picked up his suit carrier, Riley climbing up onto his shoulder as, Antonio put their bowls away. Antonio then made his way with his way to the theater, spotting the others up ahead of him he jogged to catch up, Harmony skipping alongside. He then asked
"Hey guys, where you been?"
walking at a casual pace with them.
SaxAppeal
SaxAppeal

PostSubject: Re: The real start to the journey   The real start to the journey H6Q0F8zWed Apr 17, 2013 9:09 pm

Robby looked at the Dratini Trainer, and knew it had taken a lot to ask for help. "It's a fairly simple, if time-consuming process. Basically, you fill out some paperwork, giving them your information, then you wait for them to process it in the computer, and then you take a picture and Viola! You get a pass. It takes much too long, though, they need to refine their system a bit." Robby smiled when he saw the other Trainer jog up. "Oh, I was just chatting with an old teacher, and telling this guy what a pain getting a Contest Pass is. We should hurry, before the rush." Robby started walking toward the theater again, although he was starting to wish he'd grabbed food during his walk.
Markj1998
Administrator
Markj1998
Administrator
Location : Definitely not in the cupboard... what i said not in the cupboard go away!

PostSubject: Re: The real start to the journey   The real start to the journey H6Q0F8zWed Apr 17, 2013 9:40 pm

Antonio smiled
"I could help you with the paperwork for your contest pass, cause I already got mine"
getting his contest pass out and showing them. He then placed it back in his pocket, walking along with the others towards the theater.
youarereta98
youarereta98

PostSubject: Re: The real start to the journey   The real start to the journey H6Q0F8zWed Apr 17, 2013 9:52 pm

"I dont need your help." Reta stated before walking ahead of Antonio and Robby. He opened the door to the Theater reveling a average sized room with a few desks with computers on top and people vigerously typing into them probably trying to reach a deadline. In the room were another ten people all standing around bored or talking to one of the people at the computer who didnt seem to pay any attention to them and continued to type away. Reta shoved his way through the line ignoring any insults or complaints from the people that were now behind him. After the person in front of him left Reta happily took his place looking down at the seated woman. "I would like to sign up for the competition." He said in his emotionless voice.
Markj1998
Administrator
Markj1998
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The real start to the journey   The real start to the journey H6Q0F8zWed Apr 17, 2013 9:57 pm

Antonio laughed
"Hey Reta, there is a queue you know, your not the only one"
he then looked to Harmony and rolled his eyes, Harmony teleporting to the front and teleporting Reta to the back. He then said
"Sorry but, I actually believe in manners now just queue like everyone else we'll make the deadline trust me"
Antonio then went over to a pigeon-hole and got out two sets of paperwork, handing one to Reta and the other to Robby,
"Here fill these out and if you need any help just ask, i'll hold our space in the queue in the meantime ok?"
Antonio standing in line with Harmony and Riley and moving with the queue.
Hakudoshi
Hakudoshi

PostSubject: Re: The real start to the journey   The real start to the journey H6Q0F8zWed Apr 17, 2013 9:59 pm

While the three were off to enter the competition, Hana and his trusty Torchic were off in another part of the city trying to find the Gym Leader Roxanne. Considering Roxanne was a Rock-Type Trainer, Hana did not believe he could win against her yet with only a Torchic. Perhaps if he had caught that Shroomish back in the Petalburg Forest, he might have been able to fight her, but alas, there wasn't anything he could do about it now. He could potentially train his Torchic until it becomes a Combusken, which will cause it to learn Double Kick, and that will ensure he is able to beat her. Right now though, he just wanted to watch Roxanne battle and train so he could dig out a feel of her strategy so he could devise his own.
youarereta98
youarereta98

PostSubject: Re: The real start to the journey   The real start to the journey H6Q0F8zWed Apr 17, 2013 10:05 pm

"I dont care about the deadline I just dont understand why they are taking up valuable space if they stand no chance." Reta glared at Antonio for doing that to him all the while getting some nasty stares and whispers thrown his way, he shrugged them off. He turned towards the paper in front of him grabbing a stubby, dull pencil from a cupboard next to where Antonio grabbed the paper work from and quickly scribbled down whatever he needed to for getting in.
"Now can I take my rightful place in the front?" He snarled at Antonio
Markj1998
Administrator
Markj1998
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The real start to the journey   The real start to the journey H6Q0F8zWed Apr 17, 2013 10:09 pm

Antonio was now third from the front at this time and looked to him saying
"Nope you can join the queue with me, no queue jumping"
Antonio stepping a bit to the left to let Reta in the queue with him.
SaxAppeal
SaxAppeal

PostSubject: Re: The real start to the journey   The real start to the journey H6Q0F8zWed Apr 17, 2013 10:12 pm

Robby wasn't sure if the paperwork was the same for renewing a Pass, so he dug his old one out and tried to ask the receptionist if he had to apply for a new one altogether or if there was a simpler process. "Nope. You're starting over, hun. Glad to see a familiar face, although I'm surprised you're starting here, of all places. Me and the other girls expected you to show up in Fortree," the lady teased him. Robby realized this was the announcer from the last time he'd been to Rustboro, and started laughing. "The thought crossed my mind, I assure you. Rustboro was the closest when I got the itch to return, though." Robby winked at her, before returning to the others and filing out his paperwork. He dutifully waited in queue, hoping the people in front would at least be a little quicker.
youarereta98
youarereta98

PostSubject: Re: The real start to the journey   The real start to the journey H6Q0F8zWed Apr 17, 2013 10:14 pm

Reta let out another snarl standing next to Antonio tapping his foot the entire time and giving people rude glares as they finished sign ups and walked past him. Once it was the groups turn he jumped in front of them smacking the paper onto the lady at the computers desk. "I'm here to sign up" He said again half expecting to be teleported away by Antonio
Markj1998
Administrator
Markj1998
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The real start to the journey   The real start to the journey H6Q0F8zWed Apr 17, 2013 10:20 pm

Antonio instead just said
"Allow me"
he looked to the lady behind the desk
"Sorry about him, he must have lost his manners somewhere, anyway that's Reta would you mind getting him a contest pass and signing him up?"
the receptionist glaring at Reta and the smiling at Antonio
"Sure"
she put his information into the system and got the camera ready, taking a quick photo of Reta putting it on his pass. The card then came out of a slot and she signed him up for the contest handing the pass to Antonio who in turn handed it to Reta. Antonio looking to Robby he said
"You can go first"
letting Robby get to the desk.
SaxAppeal
SaxAppeal

PostSubject: Re: The real start to the journey   The real start to the journey H6Q0F8zWed Apr 17, 2013 10:28 pm

Robby grinned at Reta's impatience, he'd been similar his first time signing up. "Well, thank you. I'm Robby, miss, and here's all of my info." The lady behind the desk shook her head, and snapped the picture of him after typing up his information. "You know, you look awfully familiar. Have I seen you somewhere before?" Robby sheepishly replied as he grabbed his new Pass, "Probably. I was a somewhat popular coordinator for a while a couple years ago, but I only won twice. Once each in Fortree and Lavaridge. I got bored at school, so I decided to try my luck as a coordinator again."

Outside the Rustboro Gym, Roxanne was just getting back from her excursion with the children. "My, oh my. A challenger? I'm the Leader, Roxanne, why don't you come on in!" Roxanne led the challenger into the Gym, whispering to Hana, "You're in for a treat. I haven't had a battle all week! This is going to be fun." Roxanne signaled to Hana that the bleachers on the sides were where she should be sitting to watch, and Roxanne took her place at the far side of the stadium. "Single battle, two on two rules. Trainer, are you ready?" The Trainer sent out his Pokemon as an answer, a well-groomed Ponyta. "Very well, then. Go, Geodude!" Roxanne sent out her Geodude, who happily began to pound the earth around her. It was clear she was as excited about the battle as Roxanne.

Last edited by SaxAppeal on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
youarereta98
youarereta98

PostSubject: Re: The real start to the journey   The real start to the journey H6Q0F8zWed Apr 17, 2013 10:35 pm

"Tch, must not be all that hard to win if nobody beat you" Reta turned away from Robby and followed the crowd in the amphitheater. I was big, a massive stage circle in the middle surrounded by chairs with a judge stand directly in front of it. He continued to follow the crow assuming that the rest of the group was behind him, he eventually ended up in the back of the Amphitheater where there was makeup and changing rooms. He talked without turning towards the others. "Why would you need to change for something as simple as winning this?" He looked down at his casual clothing of dark blue jeans and the V neck of a grey T-shirt barely showing under his Black wind breaker.
Hakudoshi
Hakudoshi

PostSubject: Re: The real start to the journey   The real start to the journey H6Q0F8zWed Apr 17, 2013 10:42 pm

Hana smirked to himself as he got to see Roxanne's battle strategy personally without needing to battle her for it. That was good for him as it would give him time to formulate a strategy, though he'll either go back to Petalburg Forest and catch himself a Shroomish, or just train his Torchic until he evolves into a Combusken, since Combusken learns Double Kick when it evolves.
Markj1998
Administrator
Markj1998
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The real start to the journey   The real start to the journey H6Q0F8zWed Apr 17, 2013 10:48 pm

Antonio smiled at Robby's story then approaching another member of staff at the desk leaving Robby to talk with the lady behind the desk.
"Hey i'm Antonio and here's my pass, so could you perhaps sign me up for the contest please"
The 2nd lady nodding
"Ok"
as she accepted his contest pass, signing him up for the contest rather quickly,
"And ta-dah"
she handed him back his pass,
"Your all set to go"
Antonio nodding as he went with Reta carrying his outfit with him.
"Cause maybe people like to look nice when performing"
he remarked as he went past Reta and entered a changing room, getting into his outfit.

(Antonio's contest outfit:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
)

Antonio exiting the changing room after 5 minutes fully changed going into the waiting room to wait for the contest to start with everyone else.
SaxAppeal
SaxAppeal

PostSubject: Re: The real start to the journey   The real start to the journey H6Q0F8zWed Apr 17, 2013 10:57 pm

Roxanne allowed the other Trainer to open the battle. "Ponyta, use Flame Wheel!" Roxanne smiled. "Geodude, Defense Curl!" The damage from the attack was minimal, and allowed Geodude to recover quickly and counter-attack. "Geodude, use Rock Throw!" She quickly grabbed chunks of the earth, hulring them at the Ponyta that was very close. "Ponyta, Bounce!" The Ponyta leaped into the air, dodging most of the Rock Thorw attack, although a few pieces managed to catch her anyway. Dropping down, Ponyta landed on Geodude, a direct hit. Luckily, the Flying type attack wasn't very effective against Geodude, so the damage wasn't as severe. "Not bad. Geodude, retaliate with Rock Tomb!" She was more careful in the size of the pieces she picked up, and their placement as she threw them. The rock pyramid hit Ponyta, trapping one of its legs as it tried to dodge.

Robby shook his head at Reta's remark, knowing those wins had been hard won, and that they were going to be just as tough for him. He looked over to Antonio. "Niec outfit. Remind me to ask you where you got it, I need a new bowtie for Hercules." Robby stepped into the changing room, coming out in his trademark emerald shirt, black slacks, and white tie. Hercules was outfitted with a white bowtie, and was adjusting it as they walked into the waiting room. "Hera! Her-cross-hera!" Hercules was complaining about losing his bowtie. "My friend, I think red would look much better on you, and that one is a little worn out anyway. We'll keep it as a memoir, though."
Hakudoshi
Hakudoshi

PostSubject: Re: The real start to the journey   The real start to the journey H6Q0F8zWed Apr 17, 2013 11:01 pm

Hana narrowed his eyes as he analyzed the battle between the trainer and the Gym Leader. Roxanne so far wasn't using any type of strategy, but that could change eventually. Hana quietly sat back and watched the battle continue on, making sure to memorize every move Roxanne's Geodude knew so that he wasn't surprised by them when she will eventually pull them off in their battle.
youarereta98
youarereta98

PostSubject: Re: The real start to the journey   The real start to the journey H6Q0F8zThu Apr 18, 2013 12:34 am

Reta let out a chuckle. "Nice monkey suit you have there. Now how much longer do I have to wait? Even after that I'll have to wait for all of these people people to lose." He let out a a sigh of impatient looking out at the lit up and empty stage with a crowd of shadows slowly filling up the theater. He looked around the back stage eying boys and girls all dressed up with cute Pokemon dressed with ribbons or in a suit and the such. "Hym, emotion is a good motivation I suppose." Reta dug into his pocket yanking out a Pokeball "Go on Dratini, show them what a real Pokemon is." Dratini popped out letting out a cry of happiness. Dratini rolled around on the floor slithering over to other trainers and rubbing against there feet. "Damn it Dratini, Have some dignity." Reta muttered holding his temples to calm himself down. "Dratini, come here." Reta muttered in a stern voice. Dratini perked up before slithering back over to Reta's feet. He reached down petting his sleek surface and polishing the gem on the top of his head. "I dont need to look good but you better."
Markj1998
Administrator
Markj1998
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The real start to the journey   The real start to the journey H6Q0F8zThu Apr 18, 2013 8:53 am

Antonio smiled at this, Reta was starting to care about Dratini a bit more in his eyes. Antonio then watched the stage on the monitor waiting for the crowd to stop moving, as he did this he went over to one empty corner of the room and took the other pokeball's from his belt figuring he'd A: Pick which pokemon he'd use and B: Show Reta he needs to care for his pokemon better. Throwing the pokeballs into the air he called out
"Come on out guys"
all of his pokemon emerging from their pokeballs looking to Antonio, who said
"Hey how are you lot? Ready for a contest?"
His pokemon speaking in sync. He then looked to each of them trying to pick,
First there was: Riley (Riolu) his best friend who can fight to the finish
Then there was: Harmony (Kirlia) elegant and beautiful loving to dance and perform
Next was: Aqua (Lanturn) who shocks people with her electric and water type moves
To her right was: Scarlet (Vulpix) majestic and cute could entertain the crowd with her blazing move-set
Following her was: Cody (Hariyama) Antonio's resident powerhouse with amazing balance and skill
and last but not least: Aurora (Vanillite) his frozen moves amazing the audience by creating masterpieces from ice.
Antonio finally deciding to let Scarlet have her chance, grooming all his pokemon whilst waiting for the contest to start.
Hakudoshi
Hakudoshi

PostSubject: Re: The real start to the journey   The real start to the journey H6Q0F8zThu Apr 18, 2013 4:27 pm

While Hana was watching the Roxanne battle, he noticed something out of the corner of his eye. A would be challenger of Roxanne had gotten up out of his seat to, most likely, go to the bathroom. As he stood up, a fossil fell out of the trainer's travel pack, an intriguing fossil. Hana made sure no one was looking and quietly ordered his Torchic to retrieve the fossil. Blaze quietly sneaked over to the fossil and picked it up in his beak before going back to his trainer. Hana patted Blaze's head and sneakily placed the fossil in his travel bag. He then went back to watching the battle between Roxanne and her current challenger.
Markj1998
Administrator
Markj1998
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The real start to the journey   The real start to the journey H6Q0F8zThu Apr 18, 2013 4:30 pm

(Authorized)

Little did Hana know that the fossil was in fact a rare Aerodactyl Fossil but, the other challengers loss was his gain.
Hakudoshi
Hakudoshi

PostSubject: Re: The real start to the journey   The real start to the journey H6Q0F8zThu Apr 18, 2013 4:38 pm

Hana was very excited over the fossil he had found, and had heard that the largest building in this city, Devon Corporation Headquarters, might be able to do something useful with the fossil he found. He quietly left the Gym and headed towards the large building there, entering the door and going up to the front desk. "I found an interesting fossil and I had heard that you guys might be able to do something with it" he said to the person at the front desk.

The receptionist, who was quite stereotypically a woman, told him to go to the 33rd Floor. He took the Elevator there and the door quickly opened when he reached his destination. A scientist approached Hana and asked to see the fossil he had acquired for himself, causing Hana to quietly hand it over for the scientist to inspect.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The real start to the journey   The real start to the journey H6Q0F8z

The real start to the journey
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next