HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 5 H6Q0F8zWed Nov 06, 2013 5:46 am

(No, Card was modding that topic but I haven't seen her around lately. Would you take the topic, please? I'll take your topic (Cheese?) and take a look at your shop request. Uhm, which shop?)

In the same pond that they met Lazette, a small Barboach could be seen swimming around.

Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 5 339
Level 14

(What happened to 'posting pictures of your pokemon's moves' gist?)
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 5 H6Q0F8zWed Nov 06, 2013 5:48 pm

OOC: Player Points shop. Give me the link. Too lazy to put pictures.

IIC: Feeling too lazy to have another fight in a water, Bruce completely ignored the creature and kept walking onwards.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 5 H6Q0F8zThu Nov 07, 2013 5:57 am

(Ah, player points. I can't deduct them from a profile so...Also, Here and here are the links.)

A Grotle could be seen plodding around, nibbling at the small flowers that grew around the pond.

Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 5 388
Level 27
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 5 H6Q0F8zThu Nov 07, 2013 8:08 am

OOC: Another starter. Are you seriously using the RNG? It's just that it keeps happening too often. Maybe I just have luck or something... Anyway, I can take the topic on Cerulean. I don't take topics from Unova and beyond (Kalos, Minoru, etc.) Very sorry. Anyway, is Grotle a male? He's a male right? Right?

IIC: The Grotle caught Bruce's attention. "Another starter. Hell, I'm so lucky. And it's a Grotle. I could use a powerhouse Torterra someday. Monferno's going to be happy seeing a resident Sinnoh team member," he thought to himself. Before doing anything, he tried to observe whether the wild Grotle is a male or a female.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 5 H6Q0F8zThu Nov 07, 2013 11:50 am

(Yes, I am. Originally I got a Torterra, and was just toying with the idea of having a nice, powerful Torterra wipe your team, but nah, I'm too nice for that. :P Kidding. I would never do that. But I did get a Torterra. Also, for the sake of it, why not play with some girl power? I'll make the Grotle female. :3)

The Grotle was female. It registered the presence of the trainer but took no notice of it. Obviously it did not count as a potential threat. It went on nibbling the flora.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 5 H6Q0F8zFri Nov 08, 2013 8:11 am

OOC: ...You know I can wipe Torterra down, right? Challenge accepted. You forgot the last time I whooped three Level 30s with Level 20s all at once. You forgot the last time Level 12 Treecko took down a fully evolved Nidoqueen and made her my slave. come at me, bro. :P Also, aww... Guess I'm not capturing this Grotle. Female Torterra just don't appeal to me. A Torterra just looks naturally a guy to me. :P

As soon as Bruce realized how feminine the Grotle moved, he was strongly disappointed and frustrated. "Aw... A Grotle or a Torterra just looks like a natural male to me so capturing a female would make no sense to me. Sexist wise and all that. What a waste... Oh well, guess I'll just reap the EXP," he thought.

"I'll drop Monferno in then attack, then switch him out and use Quilava. Flame Wheel should end this quickly. Besides, Quilava's the strongest in my team but Monferno could use the EXP share from this," he planned. Like how he planned, he sent Monferno out. "Okay, ape guy, Ember. Then, I'm going to switch you back in. That Grotle is obviously stronger. We'll bet on Quillava but I sent you here so you get a share of EXP, kay?"

Monferno was a tad bit disappointed that he won't be able to show off his skills to this stronger female but had no choice but to follow his trainer. Besides, that idea seems better. He uses Ember.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 5 H6Q0F8zFri Nov 08, 2013 11:39 am

(Hey, I was going to make the three pokemon a lot tougher but another mod stepped in and didn't exactly play it the way I meant to. The Nidoqueen was lower leveled than your Treecko. And what was the use of capturing her and Riolu? You released them at the end. -.- I stand justified.)

Grotle had an apparent peaceful nature but that was breached as soon as the small globules of fire struck. It fell into a fury and demonstrated it, made it known by stamping her feet and rearing on her hind legs. She let out a slight snort, then charged. All 214 pounds of her. Or 97 kgs.

She tossed her head aggressively and thundered forth, using Tackle. It was a weak move but when opposed with something that heavy, even weak moves could be terrifyingly and disturbingly dangerous. As she charged, the stones around her feet levitated a few feet off the ground, and hovered there. For what reason, it was undeterminable.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 5 H6Q0F8zFri Nov 08, 2013 5:28 pm

OOC: No one has ever lost to me when it comes to bragging rights. Yes, Nidoqueen was weaker than Treecko but that doesn't change the fact that she's a fully evolved. And I thought she and Riolu were awesome until I found them, "Eh," and decided I'll go for a full team of starters.

Quickly, Bruce withdrew the Monferno so he wasn't tackled at all. "U mad?"

Then, he noticed the weird rocks. "Was that Zen Headbutt? Or just because of vibration? Eh, oh well. Come out, Quilava. Let's fry something," he said and tapped the Fire-type's round little "home". And out he comes.

Faced against a foe and allied with a former foe, this feels kind of odd with him. And the expression on his face shows it. He turned his head up to Bruce with an awkward face and then to the foe. "I know. Don't feel so negative things now. I'm your trainer, I've captured you. Besides, I haven't found an opportunity to show you my kindness. I may act uncaring or rude sometimes, but eh, go ask anyone in my team. They'll prove my words. Anyway, we have a fight to burn. Talking about charging? Yeah, let's do that. Flame Wheel!"

Quilava jumps and spins around in the air and its body becomes engulfed in flames. He lands and attempts to roll into the opponent.

"Heh, sweet ball of burning fur," Bruce thought.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 5 H6Q0F8zSat Nov 09, 2013 5:43 am

Grotle smirked with an evil sort of look on her face. The rocks suddenly reared up and flew towards the Quilava, incoming with Flame Wheel. It was Earth Power (EM).
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 5 H6Q0F8zSat Nov 09, 2013 8:58 am

Quilava was rolling too fast that he can barely see anything. His own flame is blocking his vision.

"Eh... Disaster in 3... 2...," Bruce thought as he watched what's going to happen next.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 5 H6Q0F8zSat Nov 09, 2013 11:30 am

Grotle was surprised that Quilava didn't try to dodge. It just continued with it's Earth Power.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 5 H6Q0F8zSat Nov 09, 2013 5:48 pm

Bruce still watches.

OOC: :) Flame, Quilava is in mid-air, literally rolling in mid-air and entire body is covered in flames. Basically he's like a ball of fire rolling rapidly about to crash down like a meteor. So yeah, just saying.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 5 H6Q0F8zSun Nov 10, 2013 1:51 pm

(And the rocks are heading for him, no matter where it is. Grotle itself is just standing there, maneuvering the rocks.)

Grotle lumbered away further, trying to get it's attack to connect while trying to dodge the Flame Wheel.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 5 H6Q0F8zMon Nov 11, 2013 2:14 am

OOC: Why must every Bruce fight have a Matrix thingy slow motion moment. >.>

The rocks pelted Quilava's back. However, the speed and momentum his fast rolling gave should be enough to still slam down on Grotle with all that burning fire that surrounds him. Or maybe not. He himself will just have to watch how things will go.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 5 H6Q0F8zMon Nov 11, 2013 5:22 am

Grotle let slip a small squeal as the Flame Wheel connected. That hurt. Forcing her smarting joints to move, she quickly made sure every limb was fine before turning her wrath upon Quilava, using another Earth Power.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 5 H6Q0F8zMon Nov 11, 2013 7:07 am

A boulder the size of Quilava's body trashed onto him before his paws can touch the ground. The weight pushed him to the ground and he land on his back with the boulder slamming down on him. The boulder rolled to the side as Quilava remained on his back waiting for the pain to ease a bit. The flames on his back were almost put out. It's a Ground-type move that sure was super effective against a Fire-type like him.

"That was brutal. Quilava, are you okay? Can you go on," asked Bruce with a concerned look on his face.

Quilava slowly rolled to his side before pushing himself up in the same manner someone would do a push-up. The pain still lingers in his body but now that he has some momentum and anger going, there's no backing down. This battle is nothing but a matter of landing super effective moves to each other and who remains standing. One shall fall and one shall remain risen. He looked at his trainer and waited for a command.

"That's the spirit, keep it up! Alright, Ember," Bruce commanded.

Quilava nodded in agreement and looked back at the wild Grotle. He opens his mouth and shoots bolts of fire from it at the Grotle.

"Well, Flame Wheel might be too dangerous. She'll probably lash out Earth Power again if Quilava were to blindly spin around ablaze," Bruce thought to himself.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 5 H6Q0F8zMon Nov 11, 2013 11:05 am

Grotle snorted angrily. A puff through the nostrils, really. The plentiful leaves on it's back suddenly began to glow eerily. It glowed a rich, unmistakable emerald green. It gave them a single shake and sent several razor-sharp leaf blades spiralling towards Quilava. Utilized properly, they could be as dangerous as holding a knife by the blade. If the Razor Leaf wasn't enough, it started charging forward.

The glow sustained itself as a tinge of red outlined the foliage. Two vines erupted from within and headed for Quilava. If they managed to connect, they would severely sap it's energy. Mega Drain.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 5 H6Q0F8zMon Nov 11, 2013 12:42 pm

Bruce frowned when the sharp leaves was sent but switched to a big grin when Grotle charged.

Quilava couldn't figure out how to dodge the leaves. Most of the sharp leaves slashed through his fur and he cried out in pain. He hasn't recovered from that boulder slam a while ago and here comes another pain. And, yet another pain incoming. That Grotle's charging towards him.

"Damn it, intercept with Flame Wheel!"

Quilava runs at the incoming Grotle and his body becomes engulfed in flames. Two bulls are about to ram at each other.

"Whatever it is Grotle's doing, it probably won't do much damage. Besides, her vines could get fried," Bruce thought to himself.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 5 H6Q0F8zTue Nov 12, 2013 11:28 am

Grotle spied the Quilava incoming, again a ball of flames. It continued her head on charge. Suddenly, at the last moment, with a quick pivot of a joint and a twisting of her foot, she veered sharply to the right. Her vines withdrew as the earth rumbled again and the familiar rocks levitated above and banked towards Quilava.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 5 H6Q0F8zWed Nov 13, 2013 11:07 am

OOC: I now have the event donator. That means my shiny encounter rises but it's not the reason why I bought it. The reason is that it allows me to choose one specific Pokémon to appear in the wild. Problem is, I want a Charmander so I'll get a flying Charizard one day for transportation. And, come on, Charizard is epic. But, I'll have three Fire-types with me and that would be stupid. I guess it's a "now what" situation.

IIC: Quilava's speed kept going and the rocks barely hit him at all. Good thing. It would've been better if Grotle didn't dodge. She might just have hit Quilava if with those rocks if she didn't move.

Quilava slowly slowed and drifted sideways with his four legs with his head turned towards the Grotle. He grinned and has this "bring it on" face on him. It looks like he just went in his unstoppable mode now. This is the momentum that Bruce has been waiting for.

"Yeah! That's what I like to see! Brave ones! Hey, Grotle, maybe you'd like to attack first this time? Kitty, kitty," taunted Bruce.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 5 H6Q0F8zWed Nov 13, 2013 11:18 am

Grotle snorted again. She released another barrage of the familiar sharp leaves, another turn of Razor Leaf. Pawing the ground, she kept her distance in using another Earth Power.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 5 H6Q0F8zWed Nov 13, 2013 2:51 pm

Quillava ran and danced around as he evaded most of the sharp leaves but a few still made their way. And then, the hovering boulders followed. He simply ducked down and let the boulder hover through him as it all hit the cave wall and crushed to pieces. His grin returns and he eyes Grotle even more intensely.

"Hah, is that all you've got? Let's throw something as well. Ember," the cockiness of Bruce showed again.

Quilava opens its mouth and shoots bolts of fire out of its mouth at the opponent.

"Since she likes charging, let's do, too. Flame Wheel!"

Quilava runs at the opponent and its body becomes engulfed in flames. It then attempts to tackle the opponent.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 5 H6Q0F8zWed Nov 13, 2013 6:03 pm

OOC: Okay, there. Sorry.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 5 H6Q0F8zThu Nov 14, 2013 11:12 am

(How'd it hover through him?)

Grotle flinched as both fire attacks met their mark. now weak and doddering, Overgrow came into use. Determined to avoid as much as it could, it released another Razor leaf. Then two red beams shot from it's foliage. This time, it was Mega Drain in a different way with no contact whatsoever.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 5 H6Q0F8zThu Nov 14, 2013 4:11 pm

(over i meant. by the way, this is a rushed post)

quilava was hit and felt his enregy drianed. it hurt more than it should. he used anothe flame whell up close
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 5 H6Q0F8z

Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next