HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Sep 14, 2013 6:59 pm

(-.- *Sigh*)
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Sep 16, 2013 6:49 am

(A true warrior... Erm, roleplayer... never cheats. o3o)

Monferno tried his best to finish the fight he started but his best just wasn't good enough for this Zorua. The attack hit him and sent him flying towards a rock as he crashed into it. Finally fainting. "D'aw... You won't want me to quit, won't ya? Besides, you'd still get some EXP. So yeah, you did a big job of weakening the foe," Bruce said as he tapped the third Poké Ball attached to his belt. It did nothing.

He forgot he has to aim the Ball towards the fainted Monferno. He completely turned around and aimed the Ball, tapped it, and finally fired its red beam converting Monferno back to energy.

"I'm impressed, you're tough for a wild. Or better, smart. Here we go," he said as he turned around facing the Zorua. He taps the first Poké Ball and out comes from the beam, Treecko the Hoenn Starter. Good choice. The Grass-type is just 4 EXP points away from evolving into Grovyle. Double yay.

"Treecko!"

The Wood Gecko Pokémon eyes his weakened foe. It has been a while since he last fought. That doesn't mean he has rusted though.

"You want to test our speed, huh? Let's show him, Treecko. Quick Attack!"

"Tree!" With a smirk.

Undoubtedly, speed is Treecko's asset. He's like an athletic guy who is swift and able to jump and run around in almost split-seconds. Treecko runs towards the opponent on all fours and tackles it. While running, it leaves behind a white trail.

"If NyanCat were to use Quick Attack, the white trail would be rainbows."
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Sep 16, 2013 11:54 am

Zorua eyed the new foe, quite proud that it had defeated it's previous one. As it's red pupils warily followed the fast Treecko, it made to jump. Too late. The Quick Attack struck and sent Zorua tumbling. It got up, wearing a smug grin on it's face, fighting to keep it that way. It flickered from weakness. Shaking it's head, it suddenly disappeared again. It appeared behind Treecko as was the norm and struck out, sure of it's never failing aim of the Faint Attack finding it's mark.

Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdWRrBxJxUlmUkqz28fEJN6LnM3FN-obBry_xB-8LMnRRPNEJo
Zorua used Faint Attack!
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Sep 16, 2013 1:49 pm

The sureshot Faint Attack's surprise factor has completely faded. Treecko knew he would get hit so as Bruce. "Tree!" He got pushed forward but regained balance quickly. He turned around staring at the fox as he await orders.

"Sorry, but we're taking back what's Treecko's. Absorb."

Treecko holds out its arms and fires two red beams from them at the opponent.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Sep 17, 2013 11:20 am

Zorua knew that too. While surprise was no longer optional, atleast it always hit. It felt drained as the Absorb connected. It was quite close to being defeated but amazingly it was still on it's feet and as agile as ever. It used Extrasensory again, going for the forcefield.

Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 2 9k=
Zorua used Extrasensory!
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Sep 17, 2013 11:28 am

Seeing something start to form, Treecko's instincts told him to run away. He ran as far and as fast as he could but the forcefield still hit him. Slightly at least. He fell to his knees but quickly stood up. Damn, now he's too far from Zorua.

"Quick Attack!"

Treecko runs after the opponent on all fours and tackles it. While running, it leaves behind a white trail. There's a big chance Zorua might be able to avoid this move since Treecko will come from a farther place.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Sep 17, 2013 11:34 am

Zorua chuckled and neatly side stepped. It disappeared again. However, it wasn't Faint Attack this time. A powerful looking Blaziken stepped out from the bushes. But something was odd about this Blaziken. It seemed to have a small black tail.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Sep 17, 2013 12:06 pm

At first, Bruce's heart pounded really loud as he totally got excited seeing the Blaziken. To capture it is the first thing in his mind but then he noticed the black tail. That's when he remembered the words that he read from a book before. It's about the Zoruas being able to change forms just like a Ditto. Only that Zoruas can do it almost perfectly and anytime they want.

"Eh... That sucks. Treecko, don't be fooled! It's still the same Zorua! They can change forms. Trust me! Using that tactic means he knows he'll faint anytime now. Quick Attack!"

Having a big trust to his Trainer, Treecko politely and courageously attacked. However, in the back of his mind still lingers the thought of what if it really is a Blaziken?
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Sep 17, 2013 1:12 pm

The large size allowed Zorua/Blaziken some leeway and it caught Treecko in it's large taloned arms. Fire flared at it's wrists as a wicked smirk appeared on it's beaked lips. It grabbed Treecko in only one arm and raised one arm, talons glowing and leaving a searing trail as they lashed towards Treecko for a Scratch.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Sep 17, 2013 1:47 pm

(O.o Wait, Zorua can use the moves as well?)

Realizing how he's grabbed with such strength and realism, it increased his fear. Thanks to his fighting spirit and the personality he adapted from his trainer, his fear is being kept busy. It's a psychological battle now. While thinking of that...

SCRATCH

He's hit. The claws were huge and it did hurt as hell. He let out a loud cry of pain which had Bruce worrying. "CRAP. Don't tell me he can use the moves of the copied monster! Are you okay, Treecko? Hang in there with Absorb! If this don't work well then that means Zorua's type changes as well. I seriously need to start reviewing my books..."

This is gonna be hard for Treecko. He tried to break free but failed. So he'll just have to modify this move. His arms and body are being gripped hard but his paws still glowed red. He hopes that the attack will still work since his glowing paws would still make contact with the tightly-gripped claws of the Blaziken-posing Zorua.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Sep 17, 2013 1:49 pm

(Of course. It changes form but retains it's type and moves.)

Zorua/Blaziken flinched as the Absorb connected. Again. It lashed out again with Scratch.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Sep 17, 2013 2:01 pm

(:O)

No! He's not gonna let that claw hit him again. It feels like his heart would get scooped out. Instinctively, he uesd Leer hoping that will derp around Zorua's eye and hopefully release him from the grasp.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Sep 18, 2013 4:56 am

The pokemon stopped. Such an angry glare, even when coming from someone weak, unnerved it. The Leer worked in lowering the defence of the transformed Zorua. It shook it's head and started anew with a fresh Scratch.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Sep 18, 2013 5:59 am

He's hit again. It really hurt. But scientifically speaking, the damage is not worse. He receives the same damage similar to a Zorua's Scratch and not of a Blaziken's. It's probably just his psychological thoughts kicking in that makes things worse for him. Bruce decided to stop giving orders now that Treecko's mad. Real mad.

He smirked as he let the Scratch hit him, and used another Absorb.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Sep 18, 2013 1:05 pm

Blaziken's grip loosened as it let Treecko slip through. The large pokemon came down to it's knees and it's tail touched the ground. It immediately became Zorua again as it slipped into a deep timeless sleep. It had fainted.

Treecko gained 17 exp!
Treecko grew to level 16 with 13 exp remaining!
Treecko learnt Pursuit!
Treecko learnt Fury Cutter!

(You want him to evolve?)

Last edited by Flamelunar on Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Sep 18, 2013 1:14 pm

(Yeh. o3o)
(Hey, wait. I thought you said Monferno gets an EXP as well...? :/ Or no, because he died?)

Bruce just smirks and starts to cite a quote from a Metallica song as he look at the fainted Zorua, "Now I lay you down to sleep. Pray the Lord my soul to take. And if I die before I wake, pray the Lord my soul to take. Hush, little Zorua don't say a word. And never mind that noise you heard. It's just the beast under this cave, in your hideout, in your head!"

Meanwhile, Treecko smirks, crosses his arms and glows. BA DUM TSS!

Last edited by Shadow on Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Sep 18, 2013 1:18 pm

( XP No, because Monferno fainted. Also, you have any idea how much that "Yeah!" stretched my page? You've seen the rules. No spamming. >( Also, that quote is slightly weird. :P )

Treecko glowed a dazzling white as a large fern-like leaf sprouted from it's head. Several, three to be exact, leafy appendages burst forth from it's wrists as it's tail uncurled and became two separate leaves. It grew considerably in size and grew more lean, with sinew-like muscles rippling along it's body.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Sep 18, 2013 1:28 pm

(Long yeah? What long yeah? o3o *whistles around*)
(Eh, XD It's a Metallica song. :P Originally about hte mythological Sandman who puts kids to sleep and kills them in their dreams. Like Freddy of Elm Street.)

Bruce's eyes widened as he witnessed his starter and bestfriend's glorious evolution. "Holy shit... You're a Grovyle now! I'm so proud of you, man! You earned it!"

Treecko, erm... Grovyle, smirks. Comically enough, the way he smirks when he was just a little Treecko was cute. But now that his jaw got bigger, the smirk looks creepy. "GROOOOVYYYLE!!!"

He proudly shouted. "Heh, eh, that's good. But fella, tell you what, hope you get used with your bigger body. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll surprise yourself as well. Eh, we gots keep moving, pal. Eh?"

And Grovyle's back on his Poké Ball.

A very short trip to the Pokémon Center and Grovyle and Monferno are healed. Squirtle can enjoy sitting his fat backside around his Ball though.

"Alright so, Squirtle's a fifteen. That means, he will evolve soon. Alright, I'll evolve Squirtle and challenge Brawly. Grovyle's speed should be enough to take down the little Machop bugger while Wartortle can blast the Hariyama away. I just hope I don't forget to buy a TM. I'm thinking of finishing this entire journey capturing only either the pseudos or the starters..." he thought to himself as he walked back into the cave. "Oh wait, I was supposed to explore this and go deepest. Oh well. Eh?" his thoughts paused as he feel his foot bump into something.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Sep 18, 2013 1:32 pm

(...That 'edited by...' comment stands witness to my comment.)

It was a Quilava napping. It woke up in a hurry as the foot connected with it's body and immediately the fire on it's head and waist flared up.

Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 2 156
Level 20
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Sep 18, 2013 2:06 pm

(Hey wait, in emerald, Brawly has a Meditite. while in Ruby Sapphire, he doesn't have it. I don't remember fighting a Meditite in this RP as well. So, I guess maybe you should rely on Emerald more coz it's the updated version of the Hoenn games. Eh, whatevs. It's your decision. You're the mod XD)

"Oh sorry!"

He said but then he realized it's a Johto starter. It's a slim quadruped Pokémon. The top half of its body is blue, while the lower half is cream. Its ears are triangular with red insides, and it possesses a rounded nose and red eyes. It has five red spots on its body that can project flames: two in a somewhat exclamation-mark shape on its forehead and three lined up horizontally on its rear.  

"Holy f... I love you, Arceus! I love you so much! Why must ye be kind to me, O godly one?" With a huge smile on his face, he sends out Squirtle. "Sorry to disturb your sleep and all but, as you can see... I'm a Trainer. So yeah. Don't take this personal..." His soft side showing.

"Well, Squirtzypants, Water Gun!"

Squirtle releases a spiral of water from its mouth at the opponent.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Sep 18, 2013 6:46 pm

Quilava was blown back and got up reluctantly. It didn't exactly want to battle. It meekly stood there, making up it's mind before breaking into arun, trying to slam into Squirtle with Quick Attack.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Sep 19, 2013 9:50 am

Squirtle was hit on his shell. The shell is supposed to be his coat of armor but he's still too young so the shell is still too soft. When he evolves, it should at least soften the pain. But then again he's inside a video game er... world.

"Well, he's close enough. Bubble should do it. Try not to kill him though."

Squirtle blows multiple clear bubbles from its mouth at the opponent.

"Hey, wait. Squirlte won't get an EXP if I capture Quilava. And yes, I already have Monferno and I did release Magby but Quilava's a different case. He's a starter. So yeah. I guess Squirtle will need another fight then. Assuming the next foe won't be a starter." he planned.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Sep 19, 2013 11:29 am

Quilava released Embers which popped the bubbles on contact but evaporated themselves. The fire flared brighter as Quilava suddenly twirled it's head. It was then coated with flames that encircled him in a circular fashion as it dashed towards Squirtle, trying to ram into him with Flame Wheel.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Sep 19, 2013 1:26 pm

Squirtle being the cocky and overconfident battler, took the fires intentionally. Not like it'd hurt him that much anyway. "Yo, hey. Gun it down."

Squirtle releases a spiral of water from its mouth at the opponent.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 2 H6Q0F8zFri Sep 20, 2013 6:10 pm

Quilava dodged aside and sped away, using Quick Attack. As soon as it neared Squirtle, it jumped up and with a cry, started Thrashing around rather violently.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 2 H6Q0F8z

Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next